Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default Would you like Weather effects to affect gameplay?

What I mean is... let's say in addition to your section ID, your type of character happens to "like" the rain and will perform better (read: Stat boost) in that climate than they would if it was just normal.

And they hate fog. So they would perform worse (Stat Down) in that climate.

Of course this would be random for every class / section ID with the normal climate being the neutral climate.

ALSO! Depending on the weather the likely hood of rares might drop or certain rares drop in different weather.

How would you like that? Or some combination of what I said?

I have my opinion on this but, I'll post that if this tread gets some attention.

I can see Sega doing something along those lines with weapons. Like, a rain stick with amplified stat boost when it rains and such lol.

If they did that I'd rather it be across the board personally. I think it would be cool if rain slowed your movement speed/jump distance, fog hampered your distance/lowered your Accuracy stat, etc. Enemy behavior changes in different weather types would be neat too.

I don't really see a need for such an idea, but it's certainly an interesting one to entertain. If it was implemented though, I wouldn't want it to be made blatantly obvious, like they're saying all the info about it in tutorials and stuff. What I mean is, monsters wouldn't have debuff icons on them or anything, we'd just take notice they were easier to defeat at times or the AIs started actin different. We also wouldn't know right off the bat what drops better, would have to figure that out for ourselves, etc. Would come off as a more "natural" thing that way, I think.

Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    If they did that I'd rather it be across the board personally. I think it would be cool if rain slowed your movement speed/jump distance, fog hampered your distance/lowered your Accuracy stat, etc. Enemy behavior changes in different weather types would be neat too.
    I was just about to say that, and I agree.

It would be nice if the weather effected the occurrence of specific enemies too; frog-like, slug-like or duck-like creatures appear more in the rain. Or even rare enemies would have a high occurrence rate to appear, based on the weather. (This of course would also effect weapon drops)

I'm not sure how much I'd like the weather to effect my game play other than visual. It might be a better idea better than four levels of random luck days, based on race and sex though.
    PSO GCN: Storm Shadow - RAmar - Retired
    PSU AOTI PC/PS2: Storm Shadow - Human Male PT - Retired
    PSZ: Hazatak Kid - RAmar - level 95

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

"arrgh such a retardacon"

No.

Section IDs are likely out, anyway.

In a small town in a big county in a big state.

Here's how I would like for it to effect our characters: when you create your character you fill out a survey telling what types of weather conditions you like and hate and to what degree and based off of your answers your character would be effected by the weather differently e.g. I say I like rain so I improve when it's raining.

The character thing is pretty lame, but I'd like to see different monsters and different behaviors for them based on the weather kind of like the newer Pokemon games

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

I think it's a pretty cool idea, especially how it could effect rare drops. Having a higher chance of finding an ice based weapon while it's snowing, for example.

Little things like that really add to the depth of games.

I'm gonna say maybe. Zonde would get help from heavy rain. Snow environments/Barta. Caves/Foie. I hope they're doing away w/ground based techs btw. I don't think they're really needed & were added to PSU just b/c it was in need of a 6th element.
    Since the trailer came out I'm glad that this game is going away from the element based weapons of recent PS games.