• NO

24 36.92%
  • TOGGLE ON/OFF

27 41.54%
  • OTHER-comment

5 7.69%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Exclamation Have enemy health bar!?

do you it will be cool if the enemy had a some kind of health meter or status like 100/100? if if they did it could be toggle if you want it or not
    Love to level UP & search 4 RARES

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I think it would be cool, if there was some sort of item slot/CAST ability that had scan

It is annoying not knowing an enemies HP in RPG's...

But in PS games you kinda just plow through monsters and bosses easily anyway. So even if it were toggle on/off, late game probably nobody will use it.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Do I it will be cool?

Maybe.

A health bar, or at least some indicator of the health left of an enemy would be a solid improvement. You ever wonder why RPG's in general typically eschew them in favor of simply throwing nearly meaningless damage numbers around? Simple. It's instant gratification. Like winning a slot machine.

It's so abused by eastern RPGs its not even funny. You cant strategize around keeping your player on top of an enemy thats near death to be effective, but HOT DAMN LOOKIT DEM CRIT NUMBERS.
    Illustrator! Pixel Artist!:

I voted no. I kinda liked some of that uncertainty. Plus I really liked the various indicators they used for PSO bosses... Like how when the Dragon roared and started his underground attacks, he was getting close to dying... De Rol Le's headpiece/armor being blown away... The screens/parts of Vol Opt being destroyed... You get the idea.

These indicators gave you some idea of how much health the boss has left... They strayed from this in PSU quite a bit, and I hope they bring it back. I know in PSP2i they changed the PSO Dragon so that when you do a certain amount of damage, you can destroy parts of his body... So yeah, I really do hope that kinda stuff is in PSO2.

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    I voted no. I kinda liked some of that uncertainty. Plus I really liked the various indicators they used for PSO bosses... Like how when the Dragon roared and started his underground attacks, he was getting close to dying... De Rol Le's headpiece/armor being blown away... The screens/parts of Vol Opt being destroyed... You get the idea.
    Yeessssss. THIS is what needs to return in the new boss fights; stuff that actually adds to the battle in actual, tangible ways and increases immersion simultaneously.

The PSU boss fights are so terribly vanilla it hurts. PSO2 needs to return to the flavor of the original, and possibly improve upon it.

Let CASTs see enemy health only and you have my vote.

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

For me, I vote no for 2 kinds of reasons;

-aesthetics: I prefer to have my screen cluttered as less as possible.

-strategy/general combat: I liked how in PSO/PSU/PSP2 when you encountered an enemy for the first time and didn't know how much it took to bring them down. It brought that bit of "trial and error" that makes combat and strategic planning more of a learning experience. And then there's the fact that roughly remembering enemy HP values isn't that hard. Be it in HP points, number of N, H or S attacks or chain number/PA, you end up knowing how much endurance that one enemy has while as you fight it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colaya View Post
    These indicators gave you some idea of how much health the boss has left... They strayed from this in PSU quite a bit, and I hope they bring it back. I know in PSP2i they changed the PSO Dragon so that when you do a certain amount of damage, you can destroy parts of his body... So yeah, I really do hope that kinda stuff is in PSO2.
    That change to the PSO dragon was there since PSP2 actually. In that game, every single boss (except Shizuru, Magashi and maybe Vivienne) has a slight change in their attack pattern when reaching 50%-25% HP. Some of them have little "tells" too. All the dragon bosses roar, Dol Vaveer changes color, Olga Spiritos has parts of the crest on its sphere blow off (and damage the player, lawl), etc.
    Last edited by Broken_L_button; May 19, 2011 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_L_button View Post
    That change to the PSO dragon was there since PSP2 actually. In that game, every single boss (except Shizuru, Magashi and maybe Vivienne) has a slight change in their attack pattern when reaching 50%-25% HP. Some of them have little "tells" too. All the dragon bosses roar, Dol Vaveer changes color, Olga Spiritos has parts of the crest on its sphere blow off (and damage the player, lawl), etc.
    Well regardless, I was just saying that I'm happy that they brought it back, and hopefully again it stays in PSO2. I haven't played PSP2 in a few months, so I couldn't remember if the damage to the Dragon was in it as well. I definitely do remember the attack patterns of bosses changing now that I think about it, though.

And just a side note... Shizuru did kind of have an indicator as well (at least the final battle with him did). You can destroy his clones, so once you get rid of them, you know you're getting close to beating him.

In Optimus Curtz we trust Broken_L_button's Avatar

True. That's one blatantly obvious indicator now that I think about it. Them clones :<