Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I did get a hold of an original cartridge for the master system and a power base converter so I can play it on the Genesis. Works great and is well worth the money within the first two hours.

I'm doing a bit of grinding to get the Ice Digger because it costs 12K. And yes, I'm using maps. I have no patience for the 3D dungeons. Even with maps, I still scout them and grind. Plus I did not get a manual so I have no idea what items and some magics do until I try them.

What I don't get is how monsters that I fought in the very beginning of the game are now hitting me for 5-15 hp when their attack succeeds. These very same creatures hit for 1-5 hp back when I was level 1 and they still have the same amount of hp, so it's not like they leveled. Alis and party are many levels beyond them! Is the updated armor actually detracting from my defense? That would seem ludicrous but it would be a sneaky way to keep your characters in check???

UNREAL!!! Not 5 minutes after I typed the above, my system didn't want to come on and the cartridge's save slots were erased in trying to get it to work. Don't know how that happens but it did twice before on a newer Genesis. (Erased all save slots on Warsong and Langrisser II). Damn, I was actually having fun completing it too. This basically made the whole deal a waste of time and money since I'm not into starting over with the notion that could happen again. Oh well, maybe I'll try it again some other year.
    Last edited by voodlar; Jul 30, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

Yeah, I have to admit, the dungeons annihilated me. I even mapped them out, or tried to, but it was often to no avail. These old 3D dungeons give me vertigo anyway, ha ha.