Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Well thats a shame but not really surprising considering the PSP is pretty much dead now outside of japan. I was gonna import PSP2I but after playing the demo I'm not to sure, Oh well at least there is some great games coming out in the near future
    Last edited by Milla; Jun 11, 2011 at 09:55 AM.

In a small town in a big county in a big state.

Quote Originally Posted by DeviFoxx View Post
    Auto-Translators are wildly inaccurate. Believe me. I read / speak / write Japanese and I've had friends respond to me by using text fed through something like Google or Babelfish. It comes out... bizarre, fragmented, and details of certain sentences tend to get lost in translation, to say the least.

If you're serious about what you intend to do, I'd suggest either learning Japanese, or finding someone who knows the language and would be willing to help.
    Well it's going to be after Christmas(or my birthday whichever gives me the money I need ) at least before I can even start work on it, because I don't have a 2GB mem stick. And a hex editor is not something you just go to one of the sites I've found things like CFW on.

Quote Originally Posted by Temprus View Post
    Yeah, if they could get a menu/item translation that some how works with OFW, I'll be pleased. Of course, with the fact that the 6.39 update recently tried to brick my PSP by failing, I'm not sure I want OFW on my PSP any more..
    Some CFW are both compatible with all PSP systems except the PSPGo(and they both have a way to hide your MAC address one does it by replacing your MAC address with your PSP gen and the other gives you the option to put x's over it ).
    Last edited by Mike; Jun 11, 2011 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post
    This is TERRIBLE news.
    I can't believe the pirates finally won and caused everyone to not get a game. The pirates always claim about how harmless they are and how they don't hurt anyone, well this certainly proves that wrong.
    I really can't understand how you can say that, but then say;

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post
    (Though, I wasn't really aware that everyone & their dog pirated psp2) The portable PS's over here always seemed sorta niche)
    AND wasn't it claimed earlier somewhere that Psp2 did fairly well??

Remember that "Does Sega pay attention to pre-orders thread" on here?

Plus, got to wonder if it's not 'vita fever' where companies just instinctivly abandon everything the minute a new system is announced, even if it's ages away from release.
    Put 2 and 2 together honestly. More likely than not it's him up a excuse and/or he has no clue what he's talking about. (Hey, it's happened before.)

Oh though on the chance it's actually "true" on the low sales part, they only got themselves to blame for that. PSP2 and VC2 are great games in their own right, but do they ever care to Advertise them? No, they rather save that to rake in money from their regular cash cow, Sonic. When it hardly needs the huge advertising campaigns it gets.
    Last edited by Vashyron; Jun 11, 2011 at 05:08 PM.

Eagerly awaiting Eva 3.0 MESeele's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vashyron View Post
    IOh though on the chance it's actually "true" on the low sales part, they only got themselves to blame for that. PSP2 and VC2 are great games in their own right, but do they ever care to Advertise them? No, they rather save that to rake in money from their regular cash cow, Sonic. When it hardly needs the huge advertising campaigns it gets.
    I thought games outside the shooter catagory or the occasional ff/ 1st party nintendo don't get advertised. Thought it was a rule >>>

Really though, I still think the best adverts were the old timey low budget US nintendo ones. I think Crash bandicoot had one of that flavour too at one point. Put a guy in a suit, have him do something crazy for 20-30 seconds, show gameplay for 5, then slap the title and platform logo down. Instant campaign.

Internet advertising on sites or on youtube videos make it even easier. Especially considering these hilarious adverts used to be posted on tv will surprising frequency back then. They could easily have thrown together a commercial for Phantasy Star.

Spoiler!

Default no anouncement at e3

is there still hope or not

Not... a whole lot. They sort of left the question up in the air. It probably won't happen.

I was going to quit pspo2 and come back when infinity came out stateside, now I gotta import and learn japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by MESeele View Post
    Fishing for praise on the internet. The lake may be vast and contain innumerable fish, but nobody will ever get a bite.

As for infinity, well, it may be a new game in its own right, but it's seen as an addition by all too many. It seems sega of america is included in that.
    weather it is a add on the addition of the duman race means new playstyles and for once in the history of me playing phantasy star i will be something thats not a newman im looking forward to being a duman force because there infinity blast looks awesome but the one thing i am really looking forward to besides the english release is when will phantasy star online 2 be released for american consoles. sorry for my spelling. but phantasy star portable 2 infinity should definetly get an english release for psp or at least be remade for the psvita and not use any of the vita functions and the vita better be backwords compatable cause i mean the psp can play ps1 games and the ps3 lost the ability to play ps2 games with the newer models but alas i really want that game.

Quote Originally Posted by KurayamiCT View Post
    weather it is a add on the addition of the duman race means new playstyles and for once in the history of me playing phantasy star i will be something thats not a newman im looking forward to being a duman force because there infinity blast looks awesome but the one thing i am really looking forward to besides the english release is when will phantasy star online 2 be released for american consoles. sorry for my spelling. but phantasy star portable 2 infinity should definetly get an english release for psp or at least be remade for the psvita and not use any of the vita functions and the vita better be backwords compatable cause i mean the psp can play ps1 games and the ps3 lost the ability to play ps2 games with the newer models but alas i really want that game.
    First, grammar. It's a mess and I can't understand your point.

Quote Originally Posted by KurayamiCT View Post
    ...but the one thing i am really looking forward to besides the english release is when will phantasy star online 2 be released for american consoles.
    It was announced for PC only. Proof that it will be for American consoles, or any console for that matter?

Entity of the ORN Empire
    The Sword of Judgement Cora Solais

well that sucks i was hoping for some news. but looks like most of the people that were looking forward to the info on the infinity release in NA are left hanging on a really thin thread. tch i am now wondering if i should still be saving my money for the game if it ever gets released. my hopes aren't too high.