Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

I remember when pspo2 came out stateside, and people were 'holding off' to buy pspo2i when its released in the US instead of buying the latter...I'm honestly not surprised with this turn of events, even if I hope its not final and that people do get an english pspo2i.

When pspo2 US came out, I bought a copy even though I had the JP version, not because of any real need to know the story, but because I thought my purchase would help make sure we get online events if the demand for the game proved to be high enough. Well, obviously sales weren't that good, though considering how the dlc got reworked into missions on UMD disk, they may have never intended to give us online events at all.

SEGA's had a long list of 'fails' for its handling of the Phantasy Star franchise in the west:
    example

Thanks to that and buying the Japanese version, I'm a little desensitized to how Phantasy Star is handled here. I feel worse for the Valkyria Chronicles fans, a brand new ip, it had good reviews for a ps3 jrpg. I guess its fans can share the pain felt by its previous RPG predecesors, the people that never got the full scenarios of Shining Force 3, or the people that never got Sakura Wars (though NIS America actually brought one over).

Well this is unfortunate indeed... But I still have a little amount of hope, Im not holding my breath however, but I'll give up my hope until I get a definite "NO, GTFO WESTERN USERS".

It may or not may happen according to Ruby's statement, but even if the odds are bad, I still want to believe that it is remotely possible, I know that is wishful thinking, but lets wait and see.

And if this is because of piracy, that is VERY VERY VERY unfair for legit players IMO.

Peace.
    PSPo2: Tassadar Male CAST lvl. 195, Hunter lvl.30, Vanguard lvl. 23

I am a Dark Falz to know what you are take the quiz here.

Eagerly awaiting Eva 3.0 MESeele's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UberRottweiler View Post
    And if this is because of piracy, that is VERY VERY VERY unfair for legit players IMO.
    Life isn't fair. It only takes one person to ruin anything and everything. In this instance however, it could be argued that the majority are attempting this. Not hard to imagine them succeeding. Not hard to see why SoA would falter when given the option to turn the other cheek. It is unfortunate. Nothing more.

Since I've noticed a massive increase in production on games based on Marvel movies, Iron Man, Captain America, etc. I'm just going to say they're trying to focus on catering to the western crowd. With the PSVita showcased at E3, I can only imagine that they're trying to get ahead of the competitors to and focusing only on the new handheld. It's not like that hasn't happened before.

Phantasy Star piqued when PSO was around, but declined slowly after with poor advertisement, lack of support, and a not so functional community. Large fan base or not, they'll just do whatever appeals to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJG View Post
    Hi everyone, I have some unfortunate news for us all.

I met up with RubyEclipse at the SEGA booth and asked him the question that is on many of our minds here at PSOW: "Will there be an English release of PSPo2: Infinity?"

Here is the response that I was given:

As much as I would love to see an English release of Infinity, SEGA West is currently not looking at further PSP development. Games like PSPo2 and Valkyria Chronicles 2 did not sell nearly as well as we had hoped that they would. Also, we all have to take into account the heavy amount of piracy that plagues the West. It may happen at some point, but there are currently no plans for it.

In a nutshell, we can blame poor sales and pirates. His response also leads me to believe that we will not be seeing Valkyria Chronicles 3, either. We also discussed how we are both excited for PSO2 and how SEGA is going full-force with that project. Ruby also owns a Japanese copy of Infinity, but he didn't appear to know that Max Attack Infinity is currently live. My guess is that it is because of how busy he has been with E3 preparation.
    noooooOOOOOOO!
    How about a download only version of the game? SoA then wouldn't have to waste further $ on the UMD that'll sell poorly on store shelves.
    PSZ: DECOY! (HUcaseal)
    PSZ: Kelemvorite (RAmar)
    PSZ: Troubadour (FOnewmn)
    Friend Code: 3610 2919 6664

The Two-Tailed Fox boy Fox2Tails's Avatar

People wouldn't need to dl the game if they [SEGA] would stop being retards and not make us wait so ****ing long for games...It's bad enough that CAPCOM pull this BS off on us with MH

Credit to MissMalice

GUESS IM LEARNIN JAPANESE

Eagerly awaiting Eva 3.0 MESeele's Avatar

Lightbulb Learning helps you grow as an individual. Learning is fun kids!!

People seem to be drastically overstating the learning curve of the japanese needed to play this game... Remembering Katakana and allocating english phonetics to each character is all you need to do to understand damn near anything not plot oriented (type abilities not withstanding - but even then it's not like you're changing them all the time, and in time you could remember those too). To those who preach about not understanding the story, to the majority I've talked to, from pso to now, not one has seen story mode as anything more than a hurdle to hop. If you really love and want to understand the story, it is unfortunate. And this post is not for you.

This isn't directed towards any one person, but I'm starting to wonder how difficult school was for those who are hell bent on complaining about this. Highschool is mindless memorization at best, and you people are whining about memorizing less than 50 characters of your own vocation. You spend around 7 years being forced to learn things while questioning the usefullness of it; perhaps disdaining it, yet learning something beneficial to your hobbies holds this much reprobation??

I'm not one to speak like this, but I believe the most appropriate thing to say to this is "CRY MOAR". <<<See? I even typed it the proper way for its circumstance, despite it making me twitch.

Look!!! A thread that has various methods for memorizing the 2 alphabets for those so incined<<< Just stop reading once who get to the big FAILURE picture. This thread was originally for a different purpose. But for those still exclaiming "GAH I have to learn a whole new language!!!", perhaps you should reevaluate your convictions in life...

Hiding in Janthir Isle. Nilkemios's Avatar

Default No Infinity, Sega?

Oh well. Looks like I won't be getting it after all.

Although the news isn't great, I'm honestly not bothered. Vanilla is enough for me, even though it means I can't play with a majority of other players who have moved over to Infinity. I still have hope for a Western release, but Infinity was never really at the top of the list of games I'd like to play, which is why PSPo2 is more than enough for me.