Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

So I just got PSP2i today. I'm eager to play online. Are the stores ever going to come back up??? Also, I would like to know where I can find English guides of translation for the game. I'm on the last page of character creation but i have no idea what the option is that I'm changing after I choose my name stands for or does.

edit: im so lost. Duman is a new race, im guessing, and Vanguard is a new class? I have no idea what a vanguard does/is, and i have no idea if this game has hybrid classes like PSU does (Acrotecher, Masterforce, Fighgunner, etc etc.)
    I'm in desperate need of infinity guides xD
    Last edited by h2olight; Jun 4, 2011 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by h2olight View Post
    and Vanguard is a new class? I have no idea what a vanguard does/is, and i have no idea if this game has hybrid classes like PSU does (Acrotecher, Masterforce, Fighgunner, etc etc.)
    Vanguard (also known as "Braver" in JP version), isn't a new type. There's only 4 types: Hunter, Ranger, Force and Vanguard/Braver.
    Starter of the "Welcome to PSO-World" and "Happy birthday!" trend since July 10, 2008.

Come play PSO with me on Ephinea server!
    https://ephinea.pioneer2.net/

Quote Originally Posted by h2olight View Post
    So I just got PSP2i today. I'm eager to play online. Are the stores ever going to come back up??? Also, I would like to know where I can find English guides of translation for the game. I'm on the last page of character creation but i have no idea what the option is that I'm changing after I choose my name stands for or does.

edit: im so lost. Duman is a new race, im guessing, and Vanguard is a new class? I have no idea what a vanguard does/is, and i have no idea if this game has hybrid classes like PSU does (Acrotecher, Masterforce, Fighgunner, etc etc.)
    I'm in desperate need of infinity guides xD
    Use these two pages for hints on what to do and where to go:

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...-translations/

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...on-mini-guide/

Also, Vanguard (Called "Braver" in the Japanese versions) is sort of a new class (if you haven't played PSPo2 before), essentially it's "Acrotecher" from PSU.

There are no longer any Hybrid classes as there were in PSU. Likely because having such classes made the game overly complicated.

SEGA simplified the Job system by boiling it down to just four jobs. Hunter, Ranger, Force, and Braver (A.K.A. "Vanguard"). You can now allocate points you gain from leveling up each of these jobs to grade levels of weapons.

Example:

I can play Force, and dump points into "Axe", and can be a Force who can equip S-Rank Axes. Or I can be a Hunter who can equip Rods and Wands. And so on and so forth.

And yes, Duman is a new race. They are Humans who've been infected and genetically altered by the SEED. They are distinctly noted by their pale, almost-dead looking flesh, and an eyepatch over one eye.

Stat-wise, they have the second-highest attack power, Second only to Beasts. They also have some of the highest Magical Attack Power. However, they have paper-thin defense and have to rely on evasion, agility, and dodge rolling to survive attacks.

Essentially, they are "Glass Cannons". High attack power, very low defense.

Quote Originally Posted by DeviFoxx View Post
    Use these two pages for hints on what to do and where to go:

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...-translations/

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-s...on-mini-guide/

Also, Vanguard (Called "Braver" in the Japanese versions) is sort of a new class (if you haven't played PSPo2 before), essentially it's "Acrotecher" from PSU.

There are no longer any Hybrid classes as there were in PSU. Likely because having such classes made the game overly complicated.

SEGA simplified the Job system by boiling it down to just four jobs. Hunter, Ranger, Force, and Braver (A.K.A. "Vanguard"). You can now allocate points you gain from leveling up each of these jobs to grade levels of weapons.

Example:

I can play Force, and dump points into "Axe", and can be a Force who can equip S-Rank Axes. Or I can be a Hunter who can equip Rods and Wands. And so on and so forth.

And yes, Duman is a new race. They are Humans who've been infected and genetically altered by the SEED. They are distinctly noted by their pale, almost-dead looking flesh, and an eyepatch over one eye.

Stat-wise, they have the second-highest attack power, Second only to Beasts. They also have some of the highest Magical Attack Power. However, they have paper-thin defense and have to rely on evasion, agility, and dodge rolling to survive attacks.

Essentially, they are "Glass Cannons". High attack power, very low defense.

Thank you!!! Now I just need to find out how to play with others