Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Mill Lilly Harvester ARASHIKAGE's Avatar
    In arms reach of my Snow Queen at all times.

Default E3 June 6th-7th & The Future of Our Beloved Phantasy Star Series

Who here is excited to see the next Magical Money Printing Plastic thing full of Mario Games!? 'A.K.A. Project Cafe'. Maybe Sonic Team wont reveal any info on our highly anticipated PSO2. But will the specs of the Cafe give away any indication of PSO2 making it's way to that console?

I was just taking a trip down memory lane and reading a very old review of PSO Dreamcast (before it was released). The reviewer was saying; "There's a new online game out there, and it's so good it will give Everquest a run for it's money!" Does PSO2 stand a chance with all the similar titles out there to come? Or was the first console online RPG series able to stay afloat because it catered to console gamers?

Personally I've been following the series wherever it leads me -sometimes it's blind leading the blind- but never the less, I was disappointing to make the switch from Nintendo to Sony. Especially because the PS2 was already outdated at the time of PSU's release, and Nintendo had just released a new better system. I do plan to reluctantly follow PSO2 to the PC, even though I'm not a huge fan of sitting in front of my computer to play video games. Call me strange but console gaming is more fun for me, I like to have that feeling that I can put the game down any time. I enjoying setting up two TVs next to each other and playing side by side with my buddies. The new game consoles are fully capable of facilitating this... I'm not saying it should be exclusive to consoles but I dream of the day we see unity of the Big Three and PC, for one massive online experience over all systems.
    Last edited by ARASHIKAGE; Jun 5, 2011 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Grammar correction

Okay, honestly? Redundant thread. There will be nothing new coming from E3 of relevance to the game and, quite frankly, anything that IS of relevance is probably going to belong in the ALREADY-EXISTING console thread.

But of course, I'm not a moderator, so all I can do is tell you my displeasure of yet another redundant thread.

Seriously, though, wtf would the specs of "Project Cafe" have to do with ANYTHING? I can assure you that PSO2 not appearing on the consoles has nothing at all to do with their hardware specs. That's, like, the very last concern on their list. Seriously. What?

Common sense. It's not so common after all....

In a small town in a big county in a big state.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Common sense. It's not so common after all....
    No it is not:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogi Bear
    Boo-Boo? How many times have you succeeded in ruining one of my brilliant ideas with common sense?

You got me.
    I guess the two-part topic is confusing for some. E3 starts tomorrow and I'm so excited I wanted to chat about it on these threads. Of course I had to tie it in with PSO2 somehow or it wouldn't be right.

I really wanted to post this on the "Project Cafe" thread but it's been closed for awhile. And "No Sega games @E3" is actually not true.

So here we are back on topic: Do you think PSO2 can compete with all the new PC games filling it's category? Or do you agree with:Zyrusticae
    I say anyone looking for a real MMO should steer clear of the PSO series. They're going to remain cooperative action-RPGs, and quite frankly that is a severely underserved niche. MMORPGs are a dime a dozen nowadays, you literally cannot go to a single gaming site on the net without seeing some mention of some MMO, there's SO many of them that have been released/are being released/are being developed right at this very moment. We don't need another one.
    I can't wait to see so many peoples' blind, unrealistic hopes dashed to pieces when they find out it is, in fact, a sequel to PSU with nostalgia-ripped elements from PSO and NOT the uber next-generation action-MMO with super-duper-advanced open-world BS somehow magically supported by super-servers that can apparently calculate the actions, movements, and physics of hundreds or even thousands of people in real-time simultaneously.

Some of you guys seriously need a reality check. Like, now, BEFORE you get hit by the reality train. Trust me, that's gonna hurt way more if you keep up these delusions.

Could this be a fair warning for those that have the "PSO blinders" on?
    Last edited by ARASHIKAGE; Jun 6, 2011 at 01:31 AM.
    PSO GCN: Storm Shadow - RAmar - Retired
    PSU AOTI PC/PS2: Storm Shadow - Human Male PT - Retired
    PSZ: Hazatak Kid - RAmar - level 95

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

"arrgh such a retardacon"

I don't see PSO2 as a "competitive" game title, really. It's always been more of a niche title that not many people know about, but there's a big fanbase behind it. I expect a lot of people attending or watching E3 will be too busy fapping to the next Call of Doody: Rehashed Warfare or other FPS games, as usual...

Despite that, I'm hoping Sega will release more information on PSO2 at E3 in some form or another, so we can at least stop speculating about it and start actually discussing it, lol.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    I don't see PSO2 as a "competitive" game title, really. It's always been more of a niche title that not many people know about, but there's a big fanbase behind it. I expect a lot of people attending or watching E3 will be too busy fapping to the next Call of Doody: Rehashed Warfare or other FPS games, as usual...

Despite that, I'm hoping Sega will release more information on PSO2 at E3 in some form or another, so we can at least stop speculating about it and start actually discussing it, lol.
    I figured that would but much the case. We do have a cult following here, and competing in the PC arena only with WoW is a scary thought, but I think most of us will hold strong. I just hope SoA doesn't stop policing their server and leave us behind on up-dates due to low player support (It's been said before I know... but I'm still concerned)
    Last edited by ARASHIKAGE; Jun 6, 2011 at 02:19 AM.

Retardacon \re-,tard-a-kan\ n 1 : retarded robot, humanoid, android, cyborg or cast as a : retarded decepticon b : cast from phanasty star found generally being retarded on these forums c : one who advocates cast supremacy 2 also see : cast supremacist

PSO2 is made by Japan, for Japan. This includes demographics, style, and audience.

Its success elsewhere is irrelevant.

In other words, it doesn't matter if it competes with other online games so long as it meets its goal, which is to sell well in Japan.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2011/06/03...p-for-e3-2011/

The blog post says "The list of titles in display at SEGA’s E3 booth (South Exhibit Hall, Booth 2023) includes among others:"

I would say the "among others" denotes more than the games listed on that blog post will be shown, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of some PSO2 footage of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinketsu View Post
    http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2011/06/03...p-for-e3-2011/

The blog post says "The list of titles in display at SEGA’s E3 booth (South Exhibit Hall, Booth 2023) includes among others:"

I would say the "among others" denotes more than the games listed on that blog post will be shown, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of some PSO2 footage of some kind.
    That would be amazing if we did get some footage, I need it to wet my apatite again.

I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet. After all the later PS games have had a delayed release date in the western world. If they do mention something about it, good, if they don't say anything, well it's expected.

Just don't put too much faith into a company that does nothing but advertise Sonic, Sonic, and more Sonic.