Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Hell View Post
    This is the kind of sugar coating I'm talking about. Implying PSU was a good game that changed for the better. Sir, are you deficient?
    I never said anything about PSU being better than anything... I was merely stating that the video I was talking about wasn't an entirely accurate depiction of what the actual game turned out to be (even though there was no actual gameplay footage), and that PSO2 will probably be the same way:

^ Who the hell is the blue-haired chick with the horns, for example.

And I'd try to lay off the trolling attitude around here, especially for your first posts on this forum; bad things tend to happen when people start comparing PSO vs. PSU and what-not... just saying.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

I may be obvious but you know I'm right, lol.
    Damn, you're bad at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauga View Post
    "Right and Wrong" is a matter of opinion and morals. The Facts we have is a 4-5 minute video with little info released so far. It's... raw stupidity to cling to the idea that if you think a game is bad based from brand-new videos when the game is still in early development, and you think everyone else should think the same way you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post
    I never said anything about PSU being better than anything... I was merely stating that the video I was talking about wasn't an entirely accurate depiction of what the actual game turned out to be (even though there was no actual gameplay footage), and that PSO2 will probably be the same way:
    Guys, seriously. You're doing exactly what was originally intended, and playing right into the crap.

Well, the orderly thing was done beforehand, so I'll stop at this point and see who else wants to fall for this.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

The only people who "fall for" anything are the people who live on the message boards all year round. Of course they would be stupid to come here if they thought the game was shit so you can't admit it even if you wanted to. You're in it for the social interaction. I'm leaving in a little bit. I don't plan to talk about a game I don't like all year round like you guys do and I don't plan to chit chat on the rest of this forum.

Vulcan Taint Pincher moorebounce's Avatar

The HUD and other graphics look bland and boring like PSU. The weapons so far look pretty run of the mill. It doesn't have that unique and colorful exotic style that PSO has on any of its content. It looks like a very generic free to play ORPG. Sad to say but it doesn't look very fun or innovative like PSO was. Looks like a cash cow with no purpose other than to milk a franchise that's out of ideas. Not trying to be an ass but I'm hugely disappointed with the lack of soul that I've seen in this game so far.
    Wow you really need to put that pipe down. The way PSO looks have been part of it's charm. After seeing that video and you aren't even pumped up about the game means you were never really a fan of the PSO series.
    PSO2 JP Ship 2 Jazmin - HUcaseal - Team: Paranoia-Gaming
    PSO2 NA Ship 3 Orro Munroe HUcaseal - Team: Dark Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsaru View Post

^ Who the hell is the blue-haired chick with the horns, for example.

And I'd try to lay off the trolling attitude around here, especially for your first posts on this forum; bad things tend to happen when people start comparing PSO vs. PSU and what-not... just saying.
    Ignoring the OP's comment, there's no way I can agree that this trailer is "drastically" different from the current PSU.
    The CG cannot be compared to the gameplay - fullstop.
    A proper comparison argument would be to compare the earliest gameplay footage vs now, but to my recollection the graphics were about the same.

Not sure why people are arguing "it's alpha/pre-alpha, it'll look better in the final version". Are people expecting Starcraft 1 alpha -> final?
    The graphics are "good enough". There isn't some public outcry that it looks worst than PSU, such that Sega will be motivated to give it a complete overhaul.
    If you're disappointed now, then yes, you will be disappointed in the final product.
    I wouldn't bank on it that the graphics will improve to the point where I would say the changes are drastic.

Remember which company we're talking about, guys. It's Sega, not Blizzard.

Troll thread or not, my input. To today's standards the graphics that have been shown so far aren't that great at all. Though seriously I was expecting worse, so not really bothered about it that much.

Though on weapons, run of the mill? Ok. Lol. Compare the melee weapons shown in PSO2 trailer to the PSO Original trailer that had the most generic futuristic weapon, Lightsabers.

I got to say though, some people may be getting waaay too optimistic about the whole "Pre alpha" thing, sure some things might change, but I'd bet a chunk of it will stay the same.
    Last edited by Vashyron; Jun 9, 2011 at 02:03 AM.