Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    In a small town in a big county in a big state.

Default Infinity English patch and possible non-official server patch.

OK so we all know we are going to need an English patch for Infinty. I was also thinking we might be able to make a special server for PSP2 that would allow us to have our own MAXIMIUM Attack Cross event right here in the US/EU it would also allow us to have a server that had people on it that were actually interested in playing the game. The only problem with that idea is it takes money to keep up a server, so we would need some one that had the money to keep it running and was willing to do so, we could also put a donations link on the top of the site so people could donate to keep it going. Any ways back on the topic of the English patch for Infinity. The first thing that is needed is a hex editor we also need volunteers to help translate the Japanese into English. I would also like to translate the PSP2 DLC into English and I will most likely be starting there as I do not have Infinity yet and if I still don't have the means to get Infinity by the time I'm done I'll start work on the demo. Of course we could always do what SEGA did when it made the game and slpit up into different areas some people working on the DLC others Infinity others the demo.

EDIT: I have found a hex editor!
    Last edited by joshboyd1209; Jun 11, 2011 at 01:17 PM.

NC, USA (Online though, you may find me in the unofficial PSOW chat @ http://psoworld.weebly.com/)

Thumbs down

{-} Sig is outdated. Now on Team: ChibiRoar. I'll update eventually... {-}

TemprusofTime @ Deviantart (Novice MMD User)

PSOW on mibbit---
    BTW, yes I'm one of those guy gamers that plays nothing but girl characters. There a problem with that?

Is there a like button somewhere?
    - [Playing Guitar] -
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrackerCrums Check out my Youtube

NC, USA (Online though, you may find me in the unofficial PSOW chat @ http://psoworld.weebly.com/)

I'm not sure Red. He may have his own nuclear power source. So he may go on for centuries...

{-} Sig is outdated. Now on Team: ChibiRoar. I'll update eventually... {-}

TemprusofTime @ Deviantart (Novice MMD User)

PSOW on mibbit---
    BTW, yes I'm one of those guy gamers that plays nothing but girl characters. There a problem with that?

Temprus I can't believe it! But its probably true....
    - [Playing Guitar] -
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrackerCrums Check out my Youtube

Your private server is called buy a PS3 and use adhoc party or use xlink kai on a pc. And if you want to run events good luck getting their server programs you would need to learn how to reverse engineer and you are nowhere near that level of intelligence.
    And you are setting yourself up for failure if you think this is that simple as use a hex editor.

In a small town in a big county in a big state.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoelite View Post
    Your private server is called buy a PS3 and use adhoc party or use xlink kai on a pc. And if you want to run events good luck getting their server programs you would need to learn how to reverse engineer and you are nowhere near that level of intelligence.
    And you are setting yourself up for failure if you think this is that simple as use a hex editor.
    HA if you think I'm too stupid too make a server you are most definetly incorrect if you are trying to say that I do not currently have enough education to do so then yes you are correct. However a good deal of what I need is most likely on the game disc. As for needing more than a hex editor I read somewhere that what they use to make patches for JP only games so those of us who can't read Japanese can play JP only games.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoelite View Post
    Can I marry you?

But that has got to be the most ridiculous idea I've read.

Even if you managed to get a server up and running (HA!) how could you do MAX? MAX involved kill counts to get the bonus paths and those 80% elements you are all running around with. The current PSPo2 DL missions everyone and their mom has on US PSPo2 already has those unlocked. The only way people would do the event is with new paths and new weps, something I very highly doubt you know how to create and put in. So it makes it a very redundant feature.

I envision massive failure.

Also, Dragon Sakai's coming to get ya ^ o^y

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Not only is this a much more difficult feat to accomplish than you may be making it out to be, but making your own server for the game could be crossing legal boundaries. You wouldn't be able to affiliate any production of said server with mention or aid from PSO-World either.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!