Default Help with levelling help & experience points

Hi - I love playing PSP2 online and am keen to help and encourage new players to play online.

Online seems very quiet right now so I figured that if I try and help new players in online mode, they will be more likely to come back and play Multiplayer Online.

To do this I have been making low level parties for new players to join, and running C and B missions with them to try and help them with levelling up and learning about the game.

I have a question about this which is: what is the best way to help new low level players with levelling?

I guess the question is about experience points. When there is a mission kill, do the experience points get distributed evenly through the party regardless, or does the player who inflicts the most damage, or strikes the last blow, get a higher number of points from the kill?

If points get distributed evenly, then it makes sense for me to help them finish the mission very quickly so we can do more runs and they can go up more levels, but on the other hand, if the points are weighted in some way, then it may be better to hang back and let the lower level players make the kills, while I heal them and help them out if they get into trouble.

When running these parties I want to do the best thing to help the new players. I want them to have fun and gain experience and levels so they come back in the end to make online multiplayer that much more fun for everyone.

Thanks!

The best way? This is just me, but I suggest having them using weapons like Handguns and T. Handguns for the time being and letting the higher level players take out enemies once the lower leveled players get some hits in. I recommend doing the C-rank missions with the highest level cap for more efficiency.

The only thing you really need to watch out for are the bosses. Don't let the newbies die.

I am pretty sure the one who kills the enemy gets the most exp but I don't think there is a huge difference

PSO2 D-Gold(Caseal) Reina (Duman) Ship 2

Eagerly awaiting Eva 3.0 MESeele's Avatar

Exp is distributed evenly among those that get a hit in, except the killer, who gets more. I'd say to stick with support and buff/heal them, but let them beat the missions themselves (ie: don't kill everything for them). Even a half leveled character can destroy C-B rank missions without letting low level chars hit anything. Besides, in that case they wouldn't even be getting experience.

Coddling new players doesn't help them get better at the game. If you massacre everything for them, when you leave them, they'll be useless, without experience, and dead. Bosses give exp regardless, and take a while to kill, so you may as well assist in killing it, if not outright destroying it for them. Just play the support for a bit first every boss fight so they can get used to enemies' attacks. The only time I'd suggest ever stepping in as an offensive presence would be if they were on the verge of being wiped out.