Default Mags and how you use them

I noticed how a lot of mags in this game aren't used much because it limits your no. of attacks. So I was wondering is anyone uses mags, if yes witch ones. When I first started out I would put 3 mags in every deck but now I kinda stopped to make room for other things. The Same goes for Shields, if anyone use these I'd like to know it and if yes how do you use them and why you think their worth to sacrifice offense for.

Battle Maiden of Ragol Lady Nadia's Avatar

a few good 1s to look at are savitri and kapukapu both 5 costers, 1 cost handguns and 2 cost mechguns work with them beautifully, especially offline if ur playin coms since the 2 cost mechguns have minor slayer and with these 2 mags backing it up on ap on top of the sc's ap and lets not forget ac cards these can do incredible dmg vs com spam decks. 2 cost sabers and sadly the 1 cost online brionac but its 2 cost offline also work well with these mags. theres a couple others like chameleon scythe that r one cost to work with this as well but be prepared for steady damage. i also like using glustar with 5 cost staffs and 2 cost wands and the vayu mags. not sacrificing ne kind of offense here at all and can even use some good assists like muscular in the hunter decks or saber dance and tech field with the mage setup if u so please.as far as shields go shifta merge goes good with a few things, one of which i used was the yazminkov 2k handgun with limited action and 1 cost handgun or again the brionac if playing online. assist cards work beautifully with this deck too. gods shield genbu works well with quite a few things as well. dbs shield and dbs saber are also good but again u have the retarted problem of brionac being 2 cost offline so its dumb as to how ur other options r quite limited. custom ray and custom shield are good to use as well especially if paired with a viviana teammate or an epsilon teammate or st rappy teammate. kasami bracer hmmm, not exactly my favorite shield and i personally dont use it but if ne good thots pop in that head lemme know!im thinking this may be good with a few low cost swords in a coop team orland deck maybe, culd see it being quite devestating with teifu online as well, and hmm i suppose it culd be pretty good with silfer offline. shifta merge is an easy replacement for this tho but if u need a guard item with a bit more hp this isnt a bad choice. 1 thing to keep in mind here a second attack doesnt always mean having to have a 2nd wep equipped theres several action cards or techs that r used by the sc and u can still attack with ur equipped wep on top of this a few examples wuld be megid, grants, virus, punishment, whirlwind, etc, hmmm now that i think about it i dont see grants being a bad option at all in a vivi deck once u pull off a few dice bonus.
    Last edited by Lady Nadia; Jun 14, 2011 at 10:48 AM.
    Ep3 - Nadia 381 Hunewearl, W-4782 L-191, King 32.
    Ep1&2 - Rika 200 Hunewearl, Sophia 200 Racaseal.
    BB - Nei Chan 200 Hunewearl.

Here is one tactic I really like to use with Mags that I put on my casting decks.

The Assist card Permission. It allows all cards to be able to cast techniques. That includes Mags and Shields. Put on a MAG and get it's nice stat bonuses. Now set Permission, and then cast a tech with the MAG! If you have a weapon on, you can still cast with the weapon too! You can even cast a tech with a shield if you have one on! It's a great way to get some extra attacks out for as long as you can keep the assist card in play.

With the Yazminkov 2k is equiping it with a hand gun a really a good ideal? I mean woldn't a mag be better ideal since since they will likely have a defense card in hand to block the handgun due to the fact that they can't block the other weapon. At least with the mag you can add some power to the unblockable attack. In that kind of deck I like to put in Holy Ray as another weapon to use due to the fact that you probably won't be using action cards and pierce is helpful. Also Viviana coupled with a partner that has custom combo might be a bad ideal since it will weaken Viviana if the shield uses it's ability too much. Just because it's a viviana deck doesn't imply that it will gain exp. That's like implying all Kranz decks use items like C bringers rifle to take advantage of his exp bonus.

So you people don't use Mag or Shields unless it's a special circumstance? Is that right? hmmm

Battle Maiden of Ragol Lady Nadia's Avatar

what i listed was nuthin more than examples the only ones i use personally are kapu n savitri and the glustar setup i mentioned. nuthin more than suggestions up to u to pick n choose whats u like. and some of them do require or at least perform alot better when they with a solid counterpart but theres several examples there that can b used in solo. handgun, mag take ur pick depends on how u wanna makes ur deck or what ur partners gonna use. nots gonna create the decks for ya just pounding some thots into ur head n u can takes it from there.
    Last edited by Lady Nadia; Jun 15, 2011 at 02:57 AM.
    Ep3 - Nadia 381 Hunewearl, W-4782 L-191, King 32.
    Ep1&2 - Rika 200 Hunewearl, Sophia 200 Racaseal.
    BB - Nei Chan 200 Hunewearl.

Anyone else got any more suggestions? Or do most people not use these items?

I usually just use basic MAGs and place a Muscular here and there. Their base AP starts to pile up pretty quickly. If I need multiple attacks I use an area Action card or Punch/Right Heavy Punch

Been new to the game, looks like I can't use any of the available mags i have,.

It's all right if you want to start a thread if you have a question.
    If you are indeed playing PSO Episode III, then I can think of two reasons why you can't use any of the mags that are available to you: the first is that you're using Darkside characters, who can't equip any items. The second is that you are using a Heroside character, and only have tried to equip a mag when its cost would bring up your total cost over the max of 8 points.

This thread is 3 years old. If you wanna make a new one, though, go ahead. Just don't bump a thread this old.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe