Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Eagerly awaiting Eva 3.0 MESeele's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeviFoxx View Post
    Yes. Including names of Special Effects, and how to Synthesize Infinity Missions in order to get Planetary Treasures.
    This at least has a full translation of areas/ bosses/ and effects. Planet Treasures Spreadsheet

Though I could really use a synthing lesson... or 2 or 3...

Quote Originally Posted by Ami View Post
    But like I said before, this guide would be appreciated by a lot of people *gives you a cookie*
    Mmm.... Oatmeal Rasin. *NOM, NOM, NOM, NOM*

But yeah. I don't mind helping out at all.

I felt sorry for some of the people who want to play Infinity and are tired of hackers and all kinds of trouble on Vanilla, but are too scared to play Infinity because of the language barrier.

I like this idea! You should do this.
    - [Playing Guitar] -
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrackerCrums Check out my Youtube

NC, USA (Online though, you may find me in the unofficial PSOW chat @ http://psoworld.weebly.com/)

I seriously can't wait for this. I wish I could help, but I don't know a lick of Japanese.

Or rather, what tiny bit I once knew, has been erased from my mind over the years.

So... have some to go with your cookie.

{-} Sig is outdated. Now on Team: ChibiRoar. I'll update eventually... {-}

TemprusofTime @ Deviantart (Novice MMD User)

PSOW on mibbit---
    BTW, yes I'm one of those guy gamers that plays nothing but girl characters. There a problem with that?

Skilled Fighter

well, there are a quite a few users here that know and even would give better translations for the weapons.

Skilled Fighter

You could even make an unofficial guide and publish it and sell it for $20.00 with images. I would buy it. lol

The Artist Formerly Known As... Something Else SammaeltheDark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    WHat makes you think they won't translate it to the US?
    Sega is just slow with their shit. And unlike SE is not burning in hell for being stupid. (A shame really, they need to be caressed by fire)
    Your blindly devout fanaticism makes me veil my visage with my metacarpus in exasperation.

Otherwise this guide sounds like a great start to help importers. Heck there are parts I'd prolly reference frequently.

My suggestions
    -I say you should also include names of normal monsters. It's just another chart and is useful info.
    -Pair the localized mission names with the Japanese ones. Translate the new ones (get EspioKaos to help there, he's amazing at it). And include the Japanese shorthand for missions to facilitate looking up drops on JP wikis
    -In fact, include a guide on how to reference Japanese drop charts and item tables. Dems useful info and can preempt "Where do I find <x>" topics.
    -Move the Hiragana/Katakana chart to the first thing and include a paragraph explaining that Katakana can be memorized in a couple of hours and will greatly improve your ability to play the Japanese version of PSP2i.
    ノーマン (Nohman), Lv.125 Male Human, BR 34, 1 Rebirth (PSP2i)

Quote Originally Posted by SammaeltheDark View Post
    My suggestions
    -I say you should also include names of normal monsters. It's just another chart and is useful info.
    -Pair the localized mission names with the Japanese ones. Translate the new ones (get EspioKaos to help there, he's amazing at it). And include the Japanese shorthand for missions to facilitate looking up drops on JP wikis
    -In fact, include a guide on how to reference Japanese drop charts and item tables. Dems useful info and can preempt "Where do I find <x>" topics.
    -Move the Hiragana/Katakana chart to the first thing and include a paragraph explaining that Katakana can be memorized in a couple of hours and will greatly improve your ability to play the Japanese version of PSP2i.
    -I suppose I'll include the names of normal monsters. Just doing the names, though. Not the descriptions.

-The Localized Mission names being paired with the Japanese names I was going to do anyway. As far as translating the names of the New Missions, that's something I'm fairly confident can do on my own. Like the Clad 6 Free Mission, -終焉の銀河 「しゅうえんのぎんが」- is "The End of the Galaxy". But the idea about including how the Japanese abbreviate Mission Names on the Wiki sounds like a good idea. I hadn't thought of including it. Like when looking up on the Wiki, the charts for the Swords that dropped off Dark Falz Dios' clear box was listed as "終焉", short for "The End of the Galaxy" mission.

-I thought about whether or not I should just put the entire drop charts translated into English altogether in the guide instead of pointing people to the Japanese Wiki. I don't know, what do you guys think?

-Yeah, maybe moving it to the front would be a good idea. I know that there are some whiny folks who begrudgingly don't want to learn Hiragana and Katakana. And hey, it's not like they're being made to learn Kanji.

I, for one, would actually LOVE to be taught something useful like kata/hiragana. If this guide gets its feet off the ground, I would probably study every little bit I could and learn slowly from whats already been translated. I'm sure several others would as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Malice913150 View Post
    I, for one, would actually LOVE to be taught something useful like kata/hiragana. If this guide gets its feet off the ground, I would probably study every little bit I could and learn slowly from whats already been translated. I'm sure several others would as well.
    You'd be surprised by how easy it is to learn katakana.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau