Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

so i was checking japaneese weapon names to test my knowlage and magical piece is not translated right wtf sega?

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    so i was checking japaneese weapon names to test my knowlage and magical piece is not translated right wtf sega?
    You'll see this every now and then. There are some smaller ones, like Soniti being Sonichi, Chato being Sato, etc.
    PSZ : HUnewm Lv85+
    Infinity : Lv128 ; Br28
    -----------------
    Twitter: @Jthreau

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleJG View Post
    Soniti being Sonichi
    That one's just a matter of romanization.

Quote Originally Posted by SammaeltheDark View Post
    Your blindly devout fanaticism makes me veil my visage with my metacarpus in exasperation.
    Not fanaticism but more that Sega does not give a fuck due to their games have good profit set ups.

its pretty funny that they fuck up names that were ORIGINALLY IN PSO. so its like Sato = Shato, Soniti = Sonichi. you think theyd remember how they spelled it in previous games... the lack of consistency is disturbing <_>

I'm debating as to whether or not I should put in the names of weapons as they were originally in PSO, or the "new" translations they gave them in PSPo2.

Either way, since Meteor Cudgel is in Infinity, I'm calling it that.

Quote Originally Posted by DeviFoxx View Post
    I'm debating as to whether or not I should put in the names of weapons as they were originally in PSO, or the "new" translations they gave them in PSPo2.
    This depends on your target audience. Are you making a guide solely for PSO fans or are you making one for players of PSP2 who would like to try Infinity?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malice913150 View Post
    its pretty funny that they fuck up names that were ORIGINALLY IN PSO. so its like Sato = Shato, Soniti = Sonichi. you think theyd remember how they spelled it in previous games... the lack of consistency is disturbing <_>
    Theres some serious issues if you guys are that annoyed over a weapons name just because it tweaked a little from PSO or PSU...

You'd may as well keep in it the original japanese text if you're gonna nitpick at an issue like that... No point, right?

My only conclusion would be that they had different translation teams, and "MAKE SURE TO LOOK UP THE ORIGINAL PSO WEAPON NAMES OR THE FANS MIGHT GET MAD" weren't exactly what they were told to do. Stupid, but not really anything to get worked up over.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    This depends on your target audience. Are you making a guide solely for PSO fans or are you making one for players of PSP2 who would like to try Infinity?
    I guess I was originally under the mindset that it was mostly PSO fans who play the PS Portable Franchise in general, and that they were my target audience. Ultimately, it'd probably be more practical to gear it towards the PSP2 crowd, since they're the ones who'd have access to Infinity more readily than the original PSO crowd.

I feel like a dinosaur now talking about PSO. Heck, I'm old enough to remember the very first Phantasy Star.

Anyway, I should probably work with the interests of the PSP2 playerbase in mind.

Only thing I WILL do though is that the PSO Items that were reintroduced in Infinity... I'm going to give them their original PSO names, like Meteor Cudgel, and Red Saber, and so on...

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

I think you should use the names that match the psupedia wiki, Since that's where I'd assume most people would look up weapons... At least that's what I use for PSP2 I dunno if theres any wiki stuff on infinity...

But yeah wiki uses the PSU/PSP2 names, then notes their original PSO name in the description.

So if possible just put both names, at least for already translated items.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.