View Poll Results: Force integrated into Hunter and Rangers?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like this idea.

5 5.95%
  • I somewhat like this idea. (explained in post)

5 5.95%
  • I don't like this idea.

74 88.10%
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default What if there isn't a Force class?

You know what? Let me re-phrase that: What if the Force class was integrated into both Hunters and Rangers?

I remember in PSO that everyone (besides CASTS) could use magic I was a hunter and all I needed was Resta. I can't even recall seeing Forces until much later in the game.

A force class wasn't shown in the PSO2 announcement video so I began thinking, "Are they even in this game?" I'm sure they are but back to the main question.

Personally I wouldn't mind if everyone can use magic (including CASTS) but I want to know what everyone else thinks, especially the people who main Force.

May as well just call it the Onion Knight Class(without the lame stats in the first 89 levels). If forces didn't exist, although they will be in the game, then there would have to be something to fill in the gap. Like a beast tamer class or something.
    Last edited by yoshiblue; Jun 18, 2011 at 06:24 PM.

Meh.

If all you have is two real "classes", you may as well start designing the game to be classless right from the beginning.

Considering, y'know, the game is most probably going to still be class-based, I wouldn't count on anything like that.

Honestly, I never thought Force was really all that necessary since PSU. All their spells had a melee or ranged equivalent (Tornado Break, Grenades, Laser Cannons, Rifles, etc.). And the Dam- and Nos- series could easily be replaced by new guns. With the tech linking system, Wands and Rods were pretty much slow guns in PSU anyway. At this point, the only real difference is TP versus ATP. (Not to mention that the non-Force version has essentially always been better...) So it is not difficult to envision a game where all of Force's components were integrated into Hunter and Ranger.

That said, I like the number three. So I would rather have Force for that reason. And there is certainly no reason to alienate the people who still want to play Force. I would like to see a bit more differentiation besides TP usage though.

What, really?

I thought it's always been obvious that the strength for Forces has always been in the AoE control. None of the other classes have so many different forms of AoE attack at their fingertips. A Force has a line, cone, circle, point-blank circle, and a high-damage single-target attack that they can freely switch between (and they do all elements, too). They can adapt to a huge number of different situations on-the-fly.

The only problem with them was simply that they couldn't kill as fast as the other classes in PSU (didn't play PSO to endgame so I couldn't tell ya there). Well, that, and non-stacking buffs.

If they give Forces in PSO2 a more action-oriented slant (like they did for Hunters and Rangers and I don't know why I'm capitalizing this, I guess because everyone else is for some nebulous reason) I can easily see them becoming masters of crowd control, and the literal version rather than the weird "mass mezz" variety that MMOs made popular for whatever reason.

Force has never been able to use all the forms of AoE attack on all elements in any game (especially not light). Of course Ranger has line (laser cannon), cone (shotgun/crossbow), circle (grenade) and high single (twin handgun) in PSU/P2 and can get them all at every element. So that really only leaves the gi-series. Of course, in PSP2, you can just give Ranger swords, whips, or partisans to add that as well in every element.

I am not saying that they cannot do more with Force, just that they have not.

I like Forces separate. My guess as to why they weren't shown in the trailer was they'd probably take a bit more work to program (note that I know nothing on programming) or they are still working out how the Force should play.

If there's no Force class? Won't affect me a bit. I'm not the type who doesn't play/try a certain game 'cause of stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillan View Post
    Force has never been able to use all the forms of AoE attack on all elements in any game (especially not light). Of course Ranger has line (laser cannon), cone (shotgun/crossbow), circle (grenade) and high single (twin handgun) in PSU/P2 and can get them all at every element. So that really only leaves the gi-series. Of course, in PSP2, you can just give Ranger swords, whips, or partisans to add that as well in every element.

I am not saying that they cannot do more with Force, just that they have not.
    Difference being that Forces don't have to switch weapons to change the AoE effect. Which, when weapon-switching isn't instantaneous, is a pretty big advantage to have.

(If they really don't have all AoE types with every element, that's obviously a mistake that has to be fixed... especially considering rangers and hunters get every element on their weapons, although this is strictly PSU-speak and we have absolutely no idea how the elemental system works in PSO2.)

Forces dont need all AoE forms, there was never a scripture that said the magician classes had to.

And if this game has no force class?......well, then they better show some AMAZING shit in the future, because i'll lost interest quick. It would seem like such a lazy cop-out.