Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Default wartecher hated?

Curious as to why there is a lot of hate ( or atleast dislike ) for wartechers? Yeah you can't get your pa's as high, but you have pretty much every option you might need, which I think makes it a good class for solo'ing. Now keep in mind I haven't gotten into end game stuff ( only level 61 ) but from what I see I think its a decent all around type to play.

So curious as to why this type isn't recommended more, and what the reasons are.

It is because they are seen as being a weak class. They are definitely on the low end of the power curve because they don't even get any PAs at L40 without GAS, much less 50. There is also the mistaken belief in a lot of MMO-like games where if you are second best at something, you are as good as worthless. This is made even worse by the fact that our primary skill, the fact that we are nigh-indestructible, is pretty pointless when our enemies die in seconds.

I play WT as my primary and can hold my own. However, even the best gear in the game will not let me keep up with the numbers that you see out of a lot of other classes. Fortunately, you can get away with a lot of cheaper gear, as many solid weapon choices in the types that we use come at A rank.
    PSO2JP Ship 2 - ID: BlakLanner
    Main Character: Aenaenon (Techer of inconsistent ability)

Yeah so far I have enjoyed my wartecher. But I do see your point.

People don't like it because it sucks. Second worst class in the game. Sorry bro.

My primary is a Wartecher and I wouldn't have anything else. So they don't pull damage like some of the other classes, that just adds some challenge to the game. They are able to take quite a beating and keep coming. The problem is most players seem to think that if you can't kill something with a single strike it's not worth playing. I've tried many of the other classes and Wartecher is still my fav.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

I was a PC/PS2 server player, and I'm sure some things have changed since the Supplemental Update and GAS and whatever else we didn't get, but from what I remember:

• Your PA's have a lower level cap than the other classes, so your damage output sucks

• You have crappy buff and support spells, again due to low PA level caps, so if there's another techer in the party, you're useless in this regard

• While you may have good defense, defensive stats like DFP and MST are poorly weighed in PSU; everything depends on how high % your armor is and making sure you're using it against the proper enemies

• A lot of the S ranks available to WT are weapons that aren't commonly used (knuckles, twin daggers, single claw, etc.)

• Can't use traps

Basically, it all boils down to other classes being able to do all the things that WT can do, except better, which is really the downfall of hybrid classes in PSU. They really need something unique that they can do that no other class can do. Fighgunner used to have this advantage back when it was the only class that could use doublesabers, but then Fighmaster came along, and other hybrid classes also got access to them, if I recall.

On the bright side though (and again, unless they changed things up drastically since last time I played), WT has one of the widest varieties of weapon types to choose from. You have plenty of melee options and your techer weapons, and you can also use bows as your long-range weapon.

My FFXIV:ARR Lodestone Page
    3DS Friend Code: 0318-8097-4335
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Hearthstone

this class blows lololo

On the JP server WT is way better. So just wait 2 more years on the US server and youll get S rank axes, a stat boost, and Lv 40 skill PA cap.

My main is a WT, and the only thing I'd ever trade it for would be Acromaster. So, that's me, Wartecher for life!

WT is the Jack class, but unfortunately other classes can do most of what it does better. Their signature weapons are shared with Fortefighter and Fighgunner, both of whom get 10 more PA levels and higher stats where it counts.

Their spells, even on a Newman, are outclassed by even the most basic of melee options. So no joy there. Only thing they're useful for is Diga on Mother Brain's arms and Megid on robots. The buffs aren't much better than a buff pill (though it adds up) so people will just wait around for your buffs then pop a megistaride just to prove that point to you.

But it's something they can do, not necessarily have to do. A good WT can fill any spot in the party; they can buff and heal a team of non-techers (or even Masterforces) if they need to, they can deal front line damage and take hits like a champ, this is their main role, or they can even outdamage the haughty Gunmaster's rifle with the humble (lv20) card. This amused me no end during MAG.

Wartecher is hated because it's a class that uses more than one button. Gunmasters spam X, Fighgunners spam Y, techers pick one or the other depending on which is the one spell to rule them all for that particular run. Problem is, the game's so easy, that actually works. WT has to put in a lot of effort to stay on par, and with the same effort others can easily pull away again.

Yea WT is definitely getting better. I was looking @ the updated stat calculator on amesani and was pretty impressed. The male cast WT(which I play) on jp is now superior to a human female FF in every stat category and still has lv 40 skills and axes. And while I don't see a whole lot of human FF's running around this gives you a good idea of where they stack up. Looking forward to that update.