View Poll Results: PvP "Battlegrounds".

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

83 72.81%
  • No

31 27.19%
Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Default PvP Battlegrounds. Do you want it?

PvP is something that's pretty commonplace and popular in just about every online game.

For those of you unfamiliar with the 'battlegrounds' model in current MMOs, it's basically just an instanced map where you have two teams either try to complete objectives while fighting eachother.

PSPo2 had some pretty interesting versions of this, but they were still pretty small and fairly buggy. I did have a lot of fun with them.

Battle mode (in the Phantasy games) traditionally has players start out with the same gear, at the same level. I think this was fine, but it'd be more interesting to see the franchise get up to speed with the 'battlegrounds' of today.

Having two teams with their customized characters and gear competing for points or prizes could breathe a ton of life into a game like this and keep us playing even once we've hit the cap.

Now before anyone tells me 'go back to WoW', the last thing I want is to turn this game into some terrible, played out, WRPG-looking, mill of monotony.

It would be awesome if PSO2 had a more dedicated Battle Mode/PvP; not only would it greatly increase the replay value, but it would also add a little bit of competition to the whole game.

No. Phantasy Star isn't really about PvP. At least not to me. It's a co-operative game series, not competitive.
    Last edited by BIG OLAF; Jul 11, 2011 at 06:49 PM. Reason: I forgot the word "Star." Derp.

Sure. If it's something similar to Phantasy Star Portable 2 Battle Mode then yes.

If its anything like FEZ i'm all in. Otherwise no.

Don't really mind, if it's "good" I'll join in, if "bad" I'll stay the heck away.

why would anyone say no to this?! its not as if you HAVE to battle. its optional... i respect your opinion OLAF but i dont see how it could hurt unless there are titles, items or quests exclusive to sed battle arena. this would be a bad idea IMO what would be cool if instead or those type of rewards you could wager small amounts of meseta instead. in pso there were those "my build is better then your build" moments that could be settled in a fare contest. psu was lacking this.

I have to say that I much prefer the philosophy that Sonic Team has taken with the previous games. That is to say, release the game. Fix the character/class stats in the sequel, and add battle mode to that. No point in having a battle mode when HUcast's max stats are the same as HUmar's minus the TP.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I'd welcome the idea as there's plenty of potential yet again, but wouldn't be that upset if it didn't exist.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

See, there's several fundamental problems with having a PvP mode.

First is the simple resource drain - that is to say, it requires developers to take time off from doing whatever else they would be doing for the regular game to develop the PvP modes. There's a lot of potential content that could be lost there.

Second is the core gameplay, which really isn't built for PvP. If I were to venture a guess, PvP in PSO2 would be a matter of who lands the first blow. It's NOT built for it. I'd much rather have a game that works more like a 3D fighter, with jabs and heavy strikes and everything in-between. As it is, it'd just be a spamfest.

Finally, related to the second point, game balance would very quickly suffer from the inclusion of PvP. Either that, or PvP itself is almost entirely pointless because the game is NOT balanced for it. I don't want to play tacked-on PvP, thank you very much, and I even less want to play PvP where my victory is determined at the outset by my class.