Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default “Phantasy Star” Timeline Theories and Connections…

First off, I was extremely unsure where this particular topic belonged...
    But I figured since it isn't exactly confirmed information regarding connections with multiple Phantasy Star Series titles... and that it was mostly information gathered from fans of the series... ... yeah

Anyways, I found this pretty interesting Article while messing around on Google+

http://www.anjelsyndicate.org/2011/0...d-connections/

(Btw, I don't know if this article has been brought up in a PSO-World forum before, I tried searching for it for a while)

Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with anything previous to the PSO series... I did a bit of research here and there. It seems very tricky when it comes to the Japanese timelines they give vs. the English timelines....
    But a pretty nice theory on the series connections if I do say so myself.

All of that is pretty much what I've always thought, oddly enough. Well, not in that much detail, but my general theories have been about the same. There's a lot of context clues in each game that support a much larger connection within all the games than are originally let on.

The only thing I disagree with is the theory of the Universe series simply being a Virtual Reality simulation. That's just goofy and absurd.

Sounds like people are trying to off the Universe series. If it was VR, then they definately have some highly advanced tech. What are they using as a catalyst to look into it then? Dark Falz like they did with C.A.R.D. technology?

yeah the Universe VR theory was pretty trippy, I didn't exactly agree with that. But who knows ;_;

So, in simpler terms, the orbital nature of Rykros connects everything...

Interesting.
    Heeding the call of the Hunter in PSP2? Use this: Beginner's Guide to Hunter Domination

"You either die the hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Whether how accurate this is or not, it's proving to be an extremely engaging read for me. Excuse me while I relax with a cup of tea and indulge in some fine reading.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

I doesn't answer all questions, but it definitely puts a lot of theories in the same place. I guess anyone trying to make something based on the mythos, will have those theories to play with in determining which, he or she, would make canon for their story.

They did their research, even if some of the reading is confusing, you can't fault the writing. Just the source game material. This writing does seem to do its best to turn such confusing cross-timelines into something that makes sense.

One that's seen too much Alucard V's Avatar

How odd. I Rykros would have been better explained with the use of sub-space. For all we know the Gurhal system is a natural sub-space hub.

Even if its the Rykors from the "Dark Dimension" and the Ragol fields are just a mix photons, ether, and psychokinetic energy. A powerful mind sending a warning form a vary bleak place. Maybe even her mind. I find it would make more sense for me.
    Make PSO2 Great Again.

The time line is incorrect in several areas. The games state it, whoever wrote it missed a few sentances in the games.

(Jeeves! put all my meetings on hold...someone is wrong on the internet! ASDFGH!)

It is stated in PSU a few times that Rykros was made by the Ancients (of Gurhal).
    There is no way it can be any of the other planets or a thing journeying to Ragol and such, because it's a manmade item which became a hive. It has always been in the Gurhal system.

Actual Factual Rykros:
    The ancients built the confinement units on each of the planets. But to do a BIG confinement, one enough to get ALL the SEED, (3 planets) planets of Moatoob Neudaiz & Parum had to align in a certain way.
    This didn't happen OFTEN enough to save them from the seed & they knew it
    so...they built a 4th planet as a "Wild Card" to create another alignment sooner (all it takes is 3 planets, if you build a 4th, you're upping your chances)
    That's why there's confinement towers on Rykros
    Why didn't you see Rykros earlier?
    The SEED took it over and made it into a hive, then hid it with a distortion*

The games tell you all this if you talk to everyone

*This implies it's smarter than a force of nature that it's made out to be. Ex. Tornados don't creep up on people.

Where does PS 0 fit?
    They got it wrong too, because they didn't pay attention enough to pszero, either that or they missed talking to enough of the guys in it.

0 is AFTER Pioneer 2, not before it, and they tell you so in the dialogue.
    When you come into 0, the place is called Earth and Moon.
    They tell you later that it was renamed after the GreatBlank. What was the name before?
    Coral & Arca.
    What about the newmen on the moon/arca?
    I thought Pioneer was because the planet was going down hill due to war?

It was going down hill.
    But as you know, the Pioneer project was CORRUPT from almost the beginning. An asteroid with dark material on it hit Coral. The scientists used it to make MAGs (with formless photon blasts, not the creatures you see in PSO) The bottom line is the governments / 10 Nation Alliance wanted to find this stuff. It was powerful. So they sent out probes. Ragol came back positive, so they put the spin doctors to work on it, and declared it "Most suitable new planet" Launch P1 with most of WORKS on it & the best scientists to harness this stuff. They get nuked once P2 gets there.

TLDR: The government war machine wanted dark as a wep, they used saving people/moving off planet as the excuse to go up and get it. "Ragol was not an accidental choice".

PSO & PSO Ep 2 took place, CARD started once Falz died/killed enough damm times, along with Olga. Yadda yadda GERM died too. IMPORTANT: Pioneer 2 & Ragol declared independence from Coral and got mad. Coral said w/e.

Now, if you stayed on Coral.....?
    With WORKS mostly gone/dead etc, and the "Unruly Settlers" basically flipping the homeworld off the Coral people gave up on trying to get off planet. Instead they built MOTHER to try and solve the problems. She declared them the problem, and nuked everyone, including androids. She then perfected newmen up on the moon. Notice how they don't just drop dead like flies, like Sue says in PSO? Why newmen? You can tube grow them, and they're not filthy humans. They're also not AI like androids so they're not going to outsmart you later, because fleshies are easy to indoctorinate if you get them from birth on up. Look at Reeves in 0.

TLDR: Coral abandoned the pioneer project after it predictably failed, built mother to solve their problems, and she Great Blanke'd them back to the stone-age.

So WHY O WHY does PSO stuff keep showing up in PSU (including people, weps, simulations, VR programs & monsters)?
    The dark/the seed/fulkis/fakis/falz, take a guess. Notice how everything PSO always shows up in a relic, in a dark area or something similar. Infinity will likely explain this but we need an actual translation of all the people you can talk to. Without an Eng release of Inf...will we EVER know why PSO stuff keeps showing up?

*Other than 'fan service' / because people want it to

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlaze View Post
    So WHY O WHY does PSO stuff keep showing up in PSU (including people, weps, simulations, VR programs & monsters)?
    The dark/the seed/fulkis/fakis/falz, take a guess. Notice how everything PSO always shows up in a relic, in a dark area or something similar. Infinity will likely explain this but we need an actual translation of all the people you can talk to. Without an Eng release of Inf...will we EVER know why PSO stuff keeps showing up?

*Other than 'fan service' / because people want it to
    That's the only reason they need, bro.