Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Rappy Hunter
    The Middle Of Nowhere, Texas. It's a wonder I even have internet access, I swear...

Default PSO2 Gameplay Footage Concerns

Don't get me wrong, I did a backflip out of pure joy when I first saw it. However, I noticed that the Saber, the staple of all Phantasy Star combat, was nowhere to be seen. Now, I'm worried that they did away with it and other smaller weapons in favor of gameplay similar to, say, the Monster Hunter series. Now, I don't have a major problem with that, but the Sabers were my favorite weapon out of any of the others. But, I haven't played this new game. Perhaps the gameplay will be shifted to accomidate for the larger weapons. I don't know.
    Discuss.

Pre-Alpha video. We obviously haven't seen even 2% of the game yet.

WAY PAST COOL, BRAH! Drifting Fable's Avatar

I wouldn't worry too much. The game is still early in development, much to be done, much to be added.

That's like watching an E3 trailer of an FPS and coming to the conclusion that only 3 maps will ship with the game.

I'm pretty sure Sega isn't going to drop the one handed saber if this is staying true to the series.

Do not worry my friend. That video was made when the game was, let's say, about 15% complete?
    We haven't seen anything yet.
    Also keep ye eyes open tomorrow as it seems they will be new info!

Things change, guy. For all we know, the graphical output might appear greater than what we had seen.

I wonder about the graphics, really. I dont mind them the way they are now, but I honestly hope they do something about the ground textures...they just throw everything off.

The environment textures will most likely be kicked up a few notches before the final release.

-Wayu

I did notice that. It may change, but honestly, I wouldn't mind if it didn't. The team may want to keep texturing on the low for the sake of performance, at least as far as landscape.

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    Pre-Alpha video. We obviously haven't seen even 2% of the game yet.
    I can't seem to ever say that enough.

I'd say textures will probably be one of the last things they'll brush up on near the ending cycle of development, imo.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

We have seen exactly one melee weapon type. We can't really make judgements on what melee weapons will exist based on that. Unless swords are all they have. And that'd just be stupid.