Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Great Firewall of China

So I'm in China for the until August 30th, and I have to say the great firewall of China is stupid. I thought that I could make it a month with out youtube, twitter, or facebook as I don't use them all too often, but they literally block everything. The only sites I can access to that I normally use are pso-world, gmail and manga-fox. Everything else, including random flash sites, wikipedia, imbedded youtube, is blocked. They even blocked all of the proxy sites that allow you to access any of those. This is freaking insane. I had no idea it was this bad. China can suck on it.
    Last edited by Outrider; Aug 10, 2011 at 02:52 PM.

Lol when I was in Beijing I couldn't see the sky, IT'S SO FRIGGEN POLLUTED!

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

That seems kind of funny, because isn't manga-fox borderline illegal because it's putting up free fan scanlations of already licensed works?

Yeah we know China's an all around Bitch. Didn't know it was that big of one though!

I can imagine the firewall being in place since some people managed to hack into some government servers. WAAAYYY before Anonymous became known for anything than being a nuisance.
    Last edited by blace; Aug 10, 2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: stupid phone and its weird autocorrect feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Siyamak View Post
    That seems kind of funny, because isn't manga-fox borderline illegal because it's putting up free fan scanlations of already licensed works?
    Because China is above piracy, and knock-offs.

Can't watch Nostalgia Critic, or the Spoony Experiment. For god sakes, even Zero Punctuation is blocked!! What the hell China!!??

Welcome to single-party politics.

You are in a country that is pretty much the realization of the novel 1984. Thoughts are strictly controlled, there is only one party, it consists of a personality cult, and it regards anything that does not subscribe to communism as a threat. They can and they will do anything and everything in their power to keep the people from being contaminated by thoughts of capitalism.

Actually, I'm surprised that you're surprised at this.
    "Sword logic? That's cute."

Quote Originally Posted by Retehi View Post
    Because China is above piracy, and knock-offs.
    I never said they were, but since they're already cracking down on the internet concerning other issues, it comes as a surprise they don't bother doing it in other matters since they don't have any negative association with just straight up silencing people and speech. Granted, don't know how popular Japanese manga even is in China, might be beneath their notice.

Quote Originally Posted by KodiaX987 View Post
    Actually, I'm surprised that you're surprised at this.
    I'm surprised by the sheer extent. Why the hell is the escapistmagazine.com blocked? It makes no freaking sense. Yaaaaaahhhhh!