Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Supporters so far:

1. Elijah Fox
    2. Seth Astra
    3. UberRottweiler
    4. Shinji Kazuya
    5.Pspfan36

Fox, Legend of Light Elijah Fox's Avatar

Thanks for all the input on your standing in this thread. Im just trying to make SOMETHING happen that might help show Sega that we want Infinity just as much as I wanted any of there previous games.

Supporters:
    1. Elijah Fox
    2. Seth Astra
    3. UberRottweiler
    4. Shinji Kazuya
    5. Temprus
    6. Frozensword
    7. Sinue_v2
    8. Taijutsu-Joshua

Lets keep this goin!

I support for English release. It'd also be great for dubbing at every time they talk. Like in Japanese version. So woot レッドファンタシースター
    - [Playing Guitar] -
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CrackerCrums Check out my Youtube

1. Elijah Fox
    2. Seth Astra
    3. UberRottweiler
    4. Shinji Kazuya
    5. Temprus
    6. Frozensword
    7. Sinue_v2
    8. Taijutsu-Joshua
    9. evegodenraven

Sign me up, I love the tweaks the the feature that lets me partner up with my own characters finally you can level a new character with your level 200 character!
    Username: Blazingsonic
    PS0 Name: Sentai
    F/C: 4125-5095-5213
    F/C: 1892-2449-7676

Yes a list of 15 people will make SEGA fully translate and sell the game. You guys are too optimistic, stop that.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijah Fox View Post
    Im just trying to make SOMETHING happen that might help show Sega that we want Infinity just as much as I wanted any of there previous games.
    Nobody ever listens to my advise on this subject, but I've seen from first hand experience that online petitions and email campaigns never really work. It's too easy to forge signatures, spam, and commit your name to something quick and easy with no real intent on actually purchasing the product.

If you really want to get a companies attention, then you have to write a letter. Not typed, not carbon copied... but hand drafted, unique, respectful, and delivered through the post office. If you can get a letter writing campaign of decent proportions going and time the delivery dates so that their mail sorting department is so swamped for three to four days straight that they have trouble getting their regular business done... you'll get their attention. As a rule of thumb, most companies tend to sift though thousands of online signatures and only see a handful of actual customers among them. But a single letter, because of the time and effort that has to go into writing it, tends to be regarded as representing over a dozen actual customers who either don't have the ambition to write, don't know about the campaign, but would still purchase their product were they to see it on store shelves.

It worked on the "Make Quest for Glory V" and "Save King's Quest IX" campaigns (both of which I participated in), pressuring Sierra Studios to drop about a million into QfGV development (which was a lot in 1998*) - and more recently pressuring Vivendi-Universal/Activision to drop their cease & desist orders against Pheonix Studios in favor of granting them a fan license. I don't know if such a move would work with Sega. Sierra (old school)/VU/Activision are all very different companies with different relations to their fanbases... and they're all Western. That's a big hurdle. Getting the attention of (or any kind reaction from) a Japanese company may be much harder.

Still, it's worth a shot, and it's probably the best chance to get anything serious done. Everytime I've brought it up in response to an online petition thread, it's been ignored in favor of the quick and easy route. Summarily, so have those dozens of no-effort, cheap, email/online petitions addressed to Sega been ignored. Well it's too late to do anything for PSU. That game is dead in the water, and about to be replaced by PSO2.

But for a localized released of Infinity... there might still be a chance of getting them to take action. I'd be in for a well organized letter writing campaign (in conjunction with email spam, boycotts, etc, as secondary actions), but if it never leaves cyberspace... then I don't see the point.
    Last edited by Sinue_v2; Jul 22, 2011 at 07:15 PM.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

NC, USA (Online though, you may find me in the unofficial PSOW chat @ http://psoworld.weebly.com/)

Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    Yes a list of 15 people will make SEGA fully translate and sell the game. You guys are too optimistic, stop that.
    Yeah, I dunno how my name was actually added to it. Like I said, I want it full and in English. If it's not full, I sure as hell won't give up my Japanese version. >.>

{-} Sig is outdated. Now on Team: ChibiRoar. I'll update eventually... {-}

TemprusofTime @ Deviantart (Novice MMD User)

PSOW on mibbit---
    BTW, yes I'm one of those guy gamers that plays nothing but girl characters. There a problem with that?

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sinue_v2 View Post
    Nobody ever listens to my advise on this subject, but I've seen from first hand experience that online petitions and email campaigns never really work.
    This...

/Thread...

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Majarra View Post
    You rather we should just give up and play on a server that wasn't made for non Japanese in the first place? No, they took away the good PSU (PS2 and PC ) Didn't even port it to PS3, but they gave us PSP2 well a diet version but it had some content I didn't even expect to see, Miku, Eva, Bobobo just to name a few, It's a major improvement over Xbox PSU, so the online is full of hackers and cyber freaks it's no where near as bad as on DC PSO, atleast you can back up your save files.
    Username: Blazingsonic
    PS0 Name: Sentai
    F/C: 4125-5095-5213
    F/C: 1892-2449-7676