Page 188 of 206 FirstFirst ... 88138178185186187188189190191198 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2054

Thread: Q-gallery V

Oh forgot to reply, but Q is currently not planned for the game. Maybe I an put her somewhere as an NPC though. "Dangerous deal with Q". Sounds legit to me.

Here some painting to for practice purpose to polish my skills back that got a bit rusty. Used some refs for the lighting of the character.

Nice color pallet in this last post.
    Busy doing nothing...

And a game making update!

So, for the past weeks I worked on:
    - Completely new generic enemy structure with better inheritance (3 layers: Default enemy class, Enemy group class and Specific enemy class).
    - Build, modelled and animated the LaserBot enemy
    - Redid the Spinbot enemy in the new structure
    - Fine-tuned damage formula to determine stagger
    - Made idle animations for the enemies when they are looking for you
    - Bunch of new rock meshes and materials
    - Water material including sounds
    - Door mesh/function that can be implemented in quests
    - All sorts of particles for attacks
    - New post processing
    - Golden LaserBot boss with MAOR LAS0RZ!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Wow, this looks downright playable. I'd enjoy playing this for an evening. Heck, if there was enough to do, I wouldn't mind playing a 40 hour game with these mechanics.
    Now that you're this far, how difficult is making new stuff that is obvious enough to show off?

That robogirl is cute. I'd take her on a date.
    I think the face is too realistic compared to the body though. There's a bit of a disconnect.

It’s now gonna be just a matter of making the assets. Stuff like new enemy attacks will still take some dev work, but as you can see the ground work is there! Of course for a real game there is still plenty to make, like the armor system, saving the game, etc.

but yeah, other then that it’s mostly just asset creation

Here is some concept art for stuff I am creating right now. I will probably be showing of this area in the march update video. Just to get you guys an idea of the sloppy stuff I use to make my 3D assets. I COULD flesh out the painting, but its not really needed.

The concept art is for the basecamp location of world 1. I want the player to start in a safe location that has stuff like a shop and a medical office, etc. Its kind of like the campship in PSO2, but then on the actual planet.

The idea for the levels is that they are gonna be all connected within that world. UE4 has some systems to dynamically stream multiple sub levels in and out of memory. Its doing the opposite of what PSO2 does, with its small randomised levels that have no points of interest or recognition. I am basically gonna make one big map for each world, with different routes trough the map for different quests. The map will also have a free exploration quests mode, which basically lets you run trough the entire map and defeating enemies that keep respawning on timers. I plan to add stuff to do during free exploration, like client orders, or collecting materials and such. I really want players to think 'oh, this is the big pink tree area', or ' oh, I have to go to the big waterfalls for to find x item'. I want the game to NOT have a map, because I find maps to be completely distracting me from enjoying the scenery in a game. I'd rather have players learn routes and path on their own, like how you do in real life.
    Last edited by qoxolg; Feb 13, 2018 at 04:49 PM.

I loved in PSO certain landmarks that you would recognize despite the maps being randomized. The waterfall in Caves 2, the hallway near the end of Ruins 3, the blast crater in Ruins 1, it was awesome to find certain landmarks like that.

I'm a bit confused about what you're talking about. Maybe because my brain is fried at the moment. Are you making a map like Skyrim, that's just there and loaded when you get close?

I'm a bit torn about the forest as the first area. On the one hand, it's such a common cliche. But on the other, isn't that a good thing? I guess it allows the player to familiarize themselves with the game in a familiar environment before they go to more creative areas. And it makes the crazy worlds I'm certain I'll see from you seem even more creative.
    Yeah, it's probably a great starting point. And by the looks of it, you'll be able to throw in enough unique designs to ease the player into your style before the really weird stuff happens.

I'm looking forward to seeing that bee robot in 3D.

Not Skyrim like, but more like PSO style rooms, but then real big. I want like 4 big main ‘rooms’ that are connected into a sort of donut shape and each big room will have side paths that lead to new smaller areas or corridors. Basically each new room/area is technically a new level, but the engine is capable of loading those in dyamically, so it will feel like one huge coherent level, but it actually is multiple small levels that are connected. This is pretty much the best way to keep decent performance and loading times.

I see. Yeah, that totally sounds way better than the Phantasy Star games. Custom made is always better than randomized.