Page 178 of 206 FirstFirst ... 78128168175176177178179180181188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2054

Thread: Q-gallery V

This one didn't give me much trouble at all. Only thing was that the graphics on the amor looked a bit confusing in some parts, but I guess thats just how WoW looks. The background felt good after just 30 minutes in, so it was just a matter of filling the details.

For the character I decided to not got witch a sketch first, because I think it does help to get a better result with the painting.

Now THIS one gave me some trouble. It's Giga's Guild Wars character.

Don't like how the background nor the character came out.

Can't make masterpieces all the time I guess

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Really? They look fine to me. I like how the body came out, and I like the details on the waves. What don't you like about them?

The background doesn't really have a nice flow to it. I think that's mostly caused by the emerald water stuff. The character pose looks really off to me. Gigs thought it might be the legs.

Hm...well, the upper body looks great. So if there's a problem, it might be the legs.

I think I see what you mean about the flow. All of the energy is in the bottom half of the picture. Is that a problem though?

New PSA-Jam. All these were made somewhere in 2016. This is a bit after I found my new way of painting. A good example of showing the back of characters can make for much better story telling. Imagine if I had to put in a full body character in the front in any of these..

Yeah, I see what you mean. They look like part of the scenery, instead of posing in front of scenery. It looks nice.
    I think it might look similarly nice if the character was interacting with the viewer, somehow.

Nice battle thong, by the way.
    Last edited by Zorafim; Jun 1, 2017 at 08:57 PM.

More request:

here the sketch
    http://q-arts.deviantart.com/art/Pad60-2-684643700

Also, here a summary here of my 3D adventures the past month:
    Basically made some simple meshes using mostly ZBrush and a little help of Photoshop, Maya and Substance Painter. Then imported into Unreal Engine 4 and fiddled a bit with materials and stuff.

I would play that game

How difficult is it to get into 3D modeling? That looks way better than what I would expect from an amateur.

Hard to say. Easy to learn, hard to master. Getting to this level is not really that hard at all. It's just A LOT that you have to learn at once. For that reason I am dividing all that I have to learn into smaller chunks. ZBrush and Maya also have some of the most horribly complex user interfaces. But it's mostly just a lot to learn, which feels incredibly intimidating at first. You just don't know where to start. Especially with Unreal Engine, it's big, complicated and has so many features, that it's gonna take quite a long time until you will get comfortable with the tool.

Still, it's very doable, which is why I decided to start with this. I at first just wanted to be able to see my 3D models in a proper rendering engine, but now who knows how far I will get this. I am planning to take 3 years to learn all of these tools and after that we will see how far I have come. I'll be sure to post some progress of my learning process each month. This month I am focussing on hard surface objects in ZBrush and creating simple environments in Unreal Engine.