Page 204 of 206 FirstFirst ... 104154194201202203204205206 LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2054

Thread: Q-gallery V

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Dude amazing environmental work as always. This area looks gorgeous so far. That skybox looks fantastic, and I don't know how you always manage to make areas that look like they come out of a painting.

I love the weapon models. They mostly look functional and sleek, something I'd love to use in a game. I'm excited to see them fleshed out.
    The great swords handles are way too short though. See if you can find images of historical greatswords. The long handle gives you more leverage, giving you quicker swings.

Levia looks great! I'm so glad to see her in 3D. She looks better than I could have hoped. Message me if you have any questions or anything if you're debating different options for her.

Those robot enemies look really cool, and fighting a group of them looked intense. This game is really coming along.
    Last edited by Zorafim; May 3, 2019 at 10:32 PM.

Hehe, I guess it's because I am an artist first and gamedev second. I am not very good at programming, but I do have some clever tricks for the visuals. It also helps that stuff like the sky box and the clouds are al handpainted in photoshop, instead of photo's like most games do nowadays.

The last world with Levia in it will have both a water theme and a desert theme, with fish-people and rock/crystal-people. I use the cavern to divide both parts in game. I might be able to snug in Zorael as well, as some sort of easter egg. Like maybe the planet is ruled by two devine beings.. who knows! I hear lots of excuses for cool gameplay and quest vendors haha.. or maybe one of his sea snakes for a nice De Rol Le-type boss battle? Water temple areas? hmm

Yeah, the robot group is starting to show of how the gameplay and difficulty can start to shape up. I already like that more enemies actually result in more difficulty, unlike PSO2 where more enemies just means more loot. I hope that better animations will further improve combat. I still have to finetune the amount of stagger, hit stop, animation slowdown during combat. I also want attacks to give some forward movement like in PSO1. That will make it feel less like you stand still and mash buttons. I also wanna look into dodging, countering, blocking, though with a cost. Also thinking of giving melee weapons a charge attack. Maybe by holding the dash/dodge button, you will do a quick sprint towards the target. That would make melee combat less annoying when enemies are more seperated.

Shooting combat is still very crappy. I really have to look into how to make a better TPS.

Technique combat is something I am still thinking about. I already do have an idea for the weapons and how to cast spells. My general idea for spells is holding one or two of the shoulder buttons on the controller and then use the analog sticks to weave signs for different spells (think kind of like jet set radio, but then with two sticks at the same time). Stronger spells will require longer more complex combinations. This is kind of to combat this whole. Press button X to fire attack that deals 10 damage. Also press button X to fire attack that deals 100 damage. Also the 'mana' in the game will work lime ammo in shooters. If you use to much, you will run out and have to kill enemies to replenish.

Looking good Sir, as usual.
    The only thing that needs more work there is the animations. I know, it's not that simple, but hope you have plans for them.
    Busy doing nothing...

@Shin: myeah! Motion capture Suits are expensive, especially when you just bought a house. The most ghetto suit that I am looking at still costs €2500. Maybe next month. When I have the suit I will redo all animations. It will also be easier to do animation variations.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I think saying that your weakest point is your animations is really incredible considering what you've done so far. You've made gorgeous locals and really cool decorations. Again, I love just about all of your weapons, and I'm really a stickler when it comes to weapon models. Your enemies are really cool too. Once everything is up and ready I can see this game being really fun. Though, I hate RNG weapon drops ala diablo.

I think it's a shame that your most attractive choice is buying an insanely expensive setup. I'm kind of hesitant, since there'll probably be a lot of flaws with the way you move. But, that may work great for awkward weapons like the hammer.

€2500 is real cheap compared to real mocap solutions that cost over $20000. The software I use is also pretty expensive, but thats the price to pay to save yourself some time. My time to me is worth a lot more then just some money

It will be mostly to save time. Hand animating takes a ton of time and is mostly a frustrating experience. A single attack or walk animation easily takes 1 to 2 hours to create. Then take all weapons types, multiply by at least 9 +walk/jog/run animations for all weapon types. Then movement animations, attack animations for all enemies, NPC's, idle animations. That would be a huge chore. I will still edit the motions captured animations if I want some stuff thats not humanly possible, but human movements are a good base. Especially because there will be imperfections in the movement, it will look more natural.

I not only want to do single animations, but also variations of the same animations, so the light attack of an enemy will have at least 3 variations. I want some weapons to have unique animations. Lots of animations for NPC's to pick from, all to make it look more interesting

I don't think many games these days uses hand animated animations, except for models that don't have a humaniod figure. Indies mostly rely on animations assets they buy from a marketplace.

Dude that's some expenses, but as you said, it's money well spent.

And here I am animating my stuff frame by frame
    I'm planning to work on a 2D HD hand drawn platformer for my next project and I'm already worried by the amount of animations I'll have to do. I guess that I'll be taking videos of me making the animations and then work on them digitally. I'll be experimenting this on my actual project in the character selection screen.
    Busy doing nothing...

For 2D animation, hand drawn looks so much better then the crappy flash style animtion most 2D games use these days. If I would do a 2D game, I would use a 3D animation as a base, reduce the frames and then draw over those frames by hand.

Yeah that's the way to go. I wish I know some 3D to do that. Animating machines frame by frame is a chore.
    Busy doing nothing...

Get something like Blender. Look for some free mannequin that is ready for animation. Search for a tutorial on animation in Blender and there you have a base for at least humanoid animations.

for anything else learn some basic modeling, rigging and animation. It doesn’t have to look good. As long as the base shapes are there