Page 197 of 206 FirstFirst ... 97147187194195196197198199200 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,970 of 2054

Thread: Q-gallery V

Well the good news is they seem to be leaning on the goofy again recently, or so I think anyways. I also wonder what sort of nonsense you could pull off with the armor resizing. Though it would be funny if you could be a twig wearing oversized armor.

The character creator settings will also be applied to the armor. I’ve tested and you can make some extremely ugly characters with my character creator which shows I am on the right track!

Well, here goes!

So what have I done?
    - Reworked the entire inventory system, so I can store more data into it. This is needed because I want to be able to let the player adjust armor and weapons.
    - Made an armor system. It is already setup so the player can recolor all the parts. All I am missing is the interface to do so (which is probably the hardest part).
    - Made a new generic female character mesh that is much better then the previous one. I will use this one as the base body.
    - Made a variation of the base body for the player character (which is an android).
    - Made a character creation system that works for both the fleshies and armor.
    - Made the first starter armor set for the melee class (can someone help me with cool names for the three main classes (melee/shooting/magic)?)
    - Fixed some bugs so the game will actually build. At least it now works as a standalone game in Windows.

The hardest parts here:
    - A constant fight with Maya, because I fucked up multiple times. At least I now have learned from my mistakes
    - The interface for the character creator, especially the color picker was quite hard to get working, store data and apply changes in real time on the materials on the mesh. Also the Tabs that I eventually made were a pain in the ass.

Animations now look even more wonky then they already did. Thats because I had to transfer all the animations from my first skeleton to my new skeleton. And since my first skeleton was crappy, animations don't transfer very well. I did make a new idle animation with some random facial animation going on.

Next month: Taking it easy. I will finish the armor customisation function and I will probably do some work on the interface.

Them boobies physics though.

On a serious note, the camera is kind of high and far away.
    Otherwise looking good so far, keep up the good work!
    Busy doing nothing...

Kinda funny that I sort of hoped "Image of a Hero" would be playing during the video. Makes me wonder if you plan to include a song inspired by it? Interesting how there just so much more going on with the face than there is with the body, but its also much more than I was expecting. Since I was thinking it would be a slightly more advanced PSO creator. So that's cool.

Body adjustments are tricky. Making arms/legs shorter or longer will affect gameplay, so I am still careful with that stuff.

Here is some familiar looking armor:

Hmmm something about this armor is "fishy" .
    Busy doing nothing...

Very fishy indeed!

Now this one, I feel like I've seen before.. :?

Haha I've got the same feeling as well...Maybe we are getting old and losing our memories of armors.
    Busy doing nothing...

Update update

This month I worked mostly on the menu and user interface and it was f-ckin hard! Had to rebuild most of my inventory because tabs and then I was like: what the heck, lets add all the other menu options. Then I went into equipment customisation and then.. and then..

Also made a new armor set and a targeting system (later will add the option to lock on target for the melee class).

Upcoming month I am thinking of working on the next bit of environment. At least thats a ton more relaxing then menu's!