Page 200 of 206 FirstFirst ... 100150190197198199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 1,991 to 2,000 of 2054

Thread: Q-gallery V

I feel you there. The most notorious part of game dev is making menus.

As for the camera, it zooms out a little when running at normal speed. However, and you've already worked on it, it zooms out a lot when running fast/rushing.
    As for combat, I guess only melee attacks use a zoomed out camera by reducing the Z and the Y as well. As for shooting, then you'll need a zoomed in camera.
    Like this:
    (Btw those aren't game setting I'm using a mod that controls the camera, original camera settings in the game do suck a lot)
    Busy doing nothing...

For ranged weapons I already switch to a zoomed camera. It's basically the standard 3rd person shooter camera (so you zoom in further with the left trigger (or right mouse button)). For tech weapons I haven't decided what to go for exactly. Not sure yet if I want tech weapons to be auto target.

It's a lot of work. But you also can skip the camera sliders if you don't have the time and go with just 3 types of camera presets for the player to chose from.
    Busy doing nothing...

Hmm yeah, but sliders would be nice. With separate setups for no weapon, melee, ranged and tech. The amount of sliders doesn't really matters. It's more of the initial setup thats usually a pain. I can copy and paste some stuff from my character creator though. The sliders are actually not really doing anything. They just represent a value and update their slider position on each frame.

Camera position setup is real easy. You literally define the relative position from the root of the character. It's just x, y and z values. Lens angle is slightly more setup, but still easily doable. Stuff like camera lag is also just a value you can set. Thats basically what makes it look like the camera zooms out when running, while actually it's just lagging behind.

Yeah that's the way to go. I have a similar more in Skyrim that has all this categories in there separate settings. It even has a setting for a "movie" mode, where you can create a specific camera when you are just enjoying the scenery.

Sometimes, while some functions are easy to code, it's the repetition that makes them a hard work. Like using analog stick in Game Maker ; it only has the function of the analog being pressed, no being released and no pressed. While I managed to create my own code for the latter functions, it's just a pain to copy/paste it on every menu available because it has like 12 lines of codes. Argh!!
    Busy doing nothing...

Whoa, the environment looks fantastic! Really had a fun time admiring it. I've watched your progress video with a friend btw and she really liked the environment as well, so amazing work! The camera options are neat as well, glad to see you've got them to work, also a cool idea with several different customizeable cameras!

Main Twitter - PSO2/Idola Twitter
    Idola ID - 416,416,656

Forgot to upload this Made on iPad because I hate my new Wacom tablet.

I swapped to the Huion brand. They have a cintiq like device for nearly half the price. Maybe it'll do you some good too?

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Hmm yeah, might look into other brands. I am also gonna try to get one of the older pens, since those have at least slightly more sturdy nibs.

Anyway, more stuff done on iPad. The iPad has a glorious screen when it comes to color.

Here is NPC Q!