Page 183 of 206 FirstFirst ... 83133173180181182183184185186193 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,830 of 2054

Thread: Q-gallery V

New update!

new in this:
    - stackable items (like consumables)
    - can now drop items
    - sound fx (my art teacher helped with some of the sounds, we had a ton of fun)
    - Level stats for the player
    - basic enemy system (no AI yet)
    - energy bars for enemies
    - enemies can take damage and shows numbers on screen
    - basic combo system with timing (similar to PSO1, but will be expanded)
    - player can deal damage
    - EXP and level up system

@Zora: A demo will probably be somewhere next year. It’s still so full of bugs I need to squash myself and I need some actual content, because all of the visual stuff is just temp stuff I quickly put together. For the music, no techno. I am not sure what style of music I wanna go for. I will probably make the first few music pieces myself to get a general idea for what I want.

@Shin: Yep, and Capcom and Namco as well. A lot of the recent fighting games now run on UE4. The new Dragon Ball fighter is looking spectacular. UE4 is really an artists dream if you wanna make pretty 3D games.
    Last edited by qoxolg; Sep 29, 2017 at 10:21 AM.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Man, it's awesome to see one of your paintings come to life like this. It's like fantasy becoming reality.

I'm normally pretty good at turning an idea into music, but absolutely nothing is coming to mind when I'm looking at this. Hopefully you get something catchy.

So, something I want to say about spins. And I'm saying this because not many games get it right. When you spin, the body spins first, then your weapon. It works like a coil, where the spin winds up your body, and the strike unleashes that energy. To go into more detail, the first motion would be you moving your feet into position (which shouldn't move), then your body should spin, and finally the weapon. In all, it should be a whip-like motion of energy, starting from your feet, moving up to your hips, then traveling to your weapon.
    Something I see often in games is the weapon being the start of the spin, and the body moving behind it. It looks neat, but if you stop it doesn't make much sense, and you can sense that there's not much power behind it. If you want to display some devastating power, plant those feet firmly before the spin.

Thanks! I was struggling quite a bit with the spin attack. I don't know if I can fix it though, because animation is a horribly complicated thing to do. I understand the concepts of certain moves, but actually executing them is a whole different story. I am probably first gonna make the vertical and stabbing attacks, to see if I can make a combo system where you can mix different types of attacks. They will probably look horrible, but I always need some functional stuff first, to be able to make the whole gameplay framework. I will later go and make some more proper content, which is almost the 'easy' stuff. Thats just creating assets and filling spreadsheets with data.

Yeah, animations seem like they would be really difficult to do. I was noticing that while watching the video. It's not a process most people think about, but I wouldn't even know how to start animating. Even if given the proper tools.
    I'd love to model certain techniques if you need that, or be a second set of eyes if a motion is bothering you and you can't figure out why. But you don't need to worry about that until you finish up what needs to be done.

Honestly, it's kind of awesome how far you've gotten so far. No chance you have a sharable version, huh? I'd love to show it off.

I have no idea yet on how to export the project to something like an .exe file I would if I have, say a single basic level done, so maybe in the future. I don't know how long that will take me.

Sorry for the long delay on art stuff Well, I worked on my skybox which is also mostly painted and I did some sketches that I am to lazy to upload.

Here is a rough concept for the third world/level. This is just to get the right feeling. More accurate concepts will follow much later.

YES PLEASE

Will post the next PSA JAM soon. Totally forgot about it

Last PSA-JAM for a while. I don't really have time to make new ones (the ones for this year were all made last year)

Man, I wish I could make a Falzviathan.

It's sad to see an end of an era. Thank you so much for your work organizing these over the years.