Page 27 of 206 FirstFirst ... 17242526272829303777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Q-gallery V

Ok, I have a request for a picture. Sort of a PSO, PSZ crossover.

- Red HUnewm from PSZ with white hair with the ponytail hairstyle
    http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...cle&artid=2589
    http://gazetadealgol.com.br/_media/i...e=&w=250&h=379
    - On the armor there should be the Redria section ID
    http://www4.ocn.ne.jp/~redria/redria.gif
    - Red Radam as the mag (PSZ mag)
    http://www.pso-world.com/psz-items.php?item=381
    - Wielding a Double Cannon which got more of a slightly dark red coloring instead of purple, same handle as before. None of those pinkish rings that are in the PSPo games to say which element it got. Red glow around the Double Cannon would be kind of cool to, but not really needed xD
    http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?o...icle&artid=436

The character with mag and the Double Cannon could be separate pictures. Mainly curious how a red Double Cannon will turn out. Though it would be awesome to see this as one picture ^_^

Edit: I added a couple of links which I thought might help xD
    Edit2: I forgot to mention what kind of style, umm. I kind of like the style of the HUnewearl Trio picture ^_^
    Last edited by Norco; Jan 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM.

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

Bad, bad spammer!

Anyway, the art~ Still looks great! There's a number of details in the sketch that aren't in the "update" but I'm sure those will show up in the finished version. The colors are great and instantly reminiscent of the Mines 2. If it were animated, I could almost picture the lights flickering in the next few frames.
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?

@BIG OLAF: Okay! I will pick up yours after Slidikin's one (which will be in the same sort of style)

@Norco: I'll add your request to the list. Yours will be done after BIG OLAF's. I still have some questions:
    1. Is there any official art of the front of the HUnewn? I am not very familiar with PSZ (I really should've bought the art book, is it still for sale?) so good reference would be nice.
    2. Is there a specific place you want the Section ID?
    3. What background would you like? If it is PSZ, supply my some screens if you can

@Slidikins: The final picture will probably have more and cleaner details then the sketch. Hope I can put some time in it tomorrow (I am pretty much done with the floor in the living room).

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    @Crystal_Shard: I have the opposite. My drawing time gets in the way of my life What does help speeding up is: Actually studying stuff like anatomy and perspective. When you start guessing stuff, is when you slow down, cause you always come to this point of where you see there is something worn, but you have no clue how to fix it. Another thing that helps when working digital, is by trying to cut down the amount of layers as much as possible. The more you do on a single layer, the faster you will get.
    Haha, it's more of a wish that there were more hours in the day that I can get my mind pumped and in the mood to do drawing. All too often, daily work drains the battery way too fast.

Also, there's too many distractions sometimes. ^_^

Can definitely agree with anatomy and perspective studies helping to speed things up. I always have lots of reference books on hand to give me ideas on resolving such problems. On the other hand, I'm a bit of a layer overuser. ^_^ I've actually hit the maximum of 256 layers on Paint Tool Sai, and Photoshop always grumbles incessantly whenever opening my files. XD On the plus side, having so many layers means I can easily correct most mistakes and even redraw entire elements (within limits) if it's really necessary.

1.Well there is some artwork of Reve, the armor is the same, just different coloring.
    http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._1437371_n.jpg

2. Hmm that is a tricky one now that I think about it.. ooo I know! I think it would be cool to have the section id on the arm, just before the hand.

3. I suppose the top of the Eternal Tower(PSZ) would be cool or at Dark Falz place(PSO) with the monolith where it looks like heaven, before everything turns dark.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8263/falz1.jpg

Lemme know if you want some more details, I think I covered most of them though xD

@Crystal:
    Haha.. I always say I wish a day had 36 hours. though that wouldn't work, cause life would become more expensive, means more working, more sleeping and eventually you'd end up with an equal percentage of free time.. hmmm..

Wow 256 layers?!?! holy shiiiii.... I can't think of any reason to add that many layers. My golden rule for layers is always: Only add an layer when you start to overlap, or you need it for some kind of FX. Lately I've been developing smarting ways to do shading and lighting, decreasing the amount of layers drastically.

When digitally painting I actually keep flattening the image cause it is easier to change things in the end when everything is on one layer. In the past I've used lots of layers as 'safety nets', but in the end I never used them.

Nice tricks to try out with photoshop, is using a brightness/contrast layer to do the shading. How? Simply turn down the brightness, and start editing the mask of that layer. That way you can simply shade using greyscale tones. This way you can switch between a light and a dark brush to get the shading done.

Here is a link to an old tutorial I made with some tips and tricks I use in photoshop. that might help you with your grumbling photoshop : http://sappel.deviantart.com/gallery...et=72#/d2axaui

@Norco:
    Thanks! I think thats enough!

@Slidikins:
    An update! I finally painted the BG. I am now working on painting Riiko. After that I will add al lighting and FX.

Sweet! Just lemme know if you need anything else. I am quite good at digging for lost info which in this case would be pictures xD

@Norco:
    Mimo just shared with me scans of the PSZ art book, so I guess I'll have enough reference.

Anyway, Slidikins request is done! Here are the results:
    All are clickable for high res

Landscape:

Portrait:

Facial shot!

NEXT!

Sweet! I wish had the book or the scans of the book xD

I'm going to have to come back when I have more time just to convey just how awesome that picture is, but since I'm short on time I'm just going to say:

Thank you! I'm was playing through the Mines earlier with a friend and it's pretty much spot on. You got everything I requested and then some. A++ would buy again, etc etc
    How can I possibly put a new idea into your heads, if I do not first remove your delusions?