Page 156 of 206 FirstFirst ... 56106146153154155156157158159166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2054

Thread: Q-gallery V

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

These look amazing! The wide shots have awesome fantasy elements behind them, and the character sketches have great poses. It's like I'm taking a concentrated dose of your sense of fantasy and action.
    I don't have time right now to read your notes, but I'm really interested in seeing what you have to say. I read through a few and didn't really understand it, but I'd love to get more insight on how you work.
    Where do you get your poses? Some of these are pretty great.

That dragoon armor looks amazing. I laughed in joy as soon as I opened that tab. You captured the strength and grace of the class just by seeing a still pose. And you really didn't leave any details out, considering how much is going on with the outfit I sent.
    I would love to have hair like that on my character. Every time they come out with new hairstyles, I always curse at how clean it is.

You mind if I share this picture around some forums? I'd love to show this off.
    Last edited by Zorafim; Feb 29, 2016 at 05:44 PM.

Yeah sure, go ahead and share it. That what art is for.

Damn! those are some sexy grids you got there! it's amazing how many perspective practice you did. You just motivated me dude, I'll start my next practice right now. Thanks!!!!
    Busy doing nothing...

For me it's more a composition practice. I am quite comfortable with perspective these days. Grids are a great way to establish a space in which you can create your drawings. My advice for practice is to not spent to much time refining and instead make more rough drawings.

I got to reading the comments. Most of what you're talking about makes my head hurt when I try looking for the details you're talking about, but I understand your mindset. I want to say that you're being overly critical and your stuff looks great, but I think you need that self-criticism. I had the same thoughts working on some of my pieces. I would criticize a certain spot, and a friend said "No! That spot sounds good!" Then I'd change it and it sounded better.

I like that you're spending a small amount of time working on little things you want to improve. One of my piano teachers once said "Learning a piece is like cleaning a table. You can't clean a stain in the middle by wiping the whole surface. Focus on the one spot that needs work before moving on."
    It sounds like you've caught a few things that you do which you don't like. It seems like if you do quick sketches of only those things, you might be able to polish them up nicely.
    Of course, one thing I've noticed in my practice is that if I work for too long, my quality actually decreases. It's going back to it the next day where I notice the improvement.

I also want to say that I really like that quick sketch in pod15-10, third row third column. The proportions seem nice.

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    My advice for practice is to not spent to much time refining and instead make more rough drawings.
    that's the totally opposite of what I'm doing right now lol
    Busy doing nothing...

I know, because thats how I started my practice the first two months. It's hard to just let a rough sketch go and not refine it.

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    I know, because thats how I started my practice the first two months. It's hard to just let a rough sketch go and not refine it.
    I really like doing art lines, that's why I can't leave stuff unfinished. I'm even having it hard to stop at the grey scale level. Hope I can go over it.
    Busy doing nothing...

I googled Q-arts and Deviantart to find a picture, and I decided to check out the image search. It was incredible. Qoxolg has drawn so many gorgeous pictures, and seeing them all in one place is overwhelming.