Page 194 of 206 FirstFirst ... 94144184191192193194195196197204 ... LastLast
Results 1,931 to 1,940 of 2054

Thread: Q-gallery V

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

On the hips is very aesthetically pleasing. And unique, I don't think you'll find many other people using that style.
    It's fine like that, I'm sure nobody will say too much. I just wanted to voice that.

I honestly love starting off with boring weapons. It makes the cool weapons that much cooler. So I'm completely okay starting off with a boring handgun if I know I'll get something cooler down the road.
    I can has laser bow?

One thing I hate in games is when enemies just stand still while you pound on them. I would prefer it if they were always attacking, but you had some way to deal with it.
    For instance, maybe big groups are made out of weak enemies, whose attacks you can shrug off without being stunned, and are in turn easy to stun. So you can be aggressive with them and treat them like canon fodder while dodging the actually tough enemy of the group.
    But I don't think anyone is going to look twice if you do the Kingdom Hearts way of have them just stand there.

Almost time to show my progress on my spaceship, but for now, some hips.. I mean, ARTS!

And because I fleshed out to much of the background, that eventually got blocked by the character, here some unspoiled background (for the TRUE fans):
    https://q-arts.deviantart.com/art/Ok630bg-742686924

Would be funny if you started doing character cards with backgrounds separated like this. The background is great.

The background is always great.

Have you shown this character before? I feel like I remember commenting on how awesome that helmet is.

@Yoshi:
    Yeah I could. I usually first draw the background on a separate layer, because it is faster then drawing them all on one layer.

@Zora:
    You are correct! https://q-arts.deviantart.com/art/Ar...pt-6-735451587

An nice and fluid helmet. I though it would fit the spear theme, with a slim waist and powerful legs to put some power behind those trusts.

Also, if you can give me something to work of I can definitely make Levia inspired armor with a weapon of choice. I am already working on an armor inspired by Shin's character from his game.

Ah, uh, will 100x100 animated gifs work?

If you also have a front view. For the rest I can use my previous artworks from Levia as inspiration?

Uh, huh... I don't quite have all the front view, but, here: https://zorafin.imgur.com/all/

I wanted to draw the face, but I tried once and saw how hard it was and I gave up immediately. But I'm pretty happy with the face in my sig.

There's also a set of armor that Shin did that I love for Zorael. Almost exactly how I want him to look:
    Last edited by Zorafim; Apr 30, 2018 at 08:01 PM.

Here we go!

So, yeah SPACESHIP!

I am sorry for the crappy video capture quality, but for some reason it decided to capture my entire screen in 4k (the game runs in a 1080p window) so my PC doesn't like that which results in some frame drops in the video (the spaceship generally runs at 80fps, so no worries)

The music is just placeholder stuff to do some tests on audio looping. The current audio engine in UE4 is real crappy, since you can only time the looping on the frame tick, which is trouble when there is any kind of hick up in the frame rate. So at the first loop point you hear a hick up, but all the next loop points are correct. I heard the new audio engine will be released with the next update of the engine, so I hope that will save me. The music is an old tune I made with a friend to replace the shop song in PSOBB. it was inspired by the shop song of Jets 'n Guns for those wondering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAk0mwjZ_Rc

Its actually quite in the ballpark of what I have in mind for the Spaceship. I do want variations of the same tune for the different areas of the spaceship. I have no idea when I am gonna work on the first tunes though. Whenever I feel like it I guess

Here you can decide how much on a scale of 'random turd' to 'pretty close' I am to my concept art:

Next months plan is less sexy:
    I am gonna work on my armor system. I hope I can implement all the features I want. I probably won't model any of the armor that I have made concept art of yet, because I don't trust my modelling skills for human like figures yet. I will probably make some placeholder assets to try out. Maybe they will become the starter armor, because starter armor needs to be ugly anyway. If everything looks cool, nothing looks cool!

Damn, you've got a real game going now! This area looks great, and the music adds a lot.