Page 5 of 206 FirstFirst ... 23456781555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Q-gallery V

Hmm. Tynselle had the outline, so I'm fine with that. If the no-outline makes her look softer, that could work, too. Though I think you usually more to doing non-outlines with detail backgrounds and outlines for simple non-background detail. The consistency thing is making me lean towards outlines, but I also want to give you the freedom to do non-outlines if your gut says she looks softer that way.

I would imagine shading/color would give her nose an even more slightly rounded button-like shape (like her picture) which I know comes across easily in some of your previous works. The carefree motion is a nice pick.

As an aside, about the first pic, her lips are actually the same sky blue color as her dress, but are simply glossy. You can't choose gloss in PSU, so I cheated and made them a slightly lighter color to *fake* lip gloss. Otherwise, the lips (since they never catch light) would actually appear to be darker than they really are if I chose the exact same color. An issue with PSU's highlighting techniques for which they never really are tested for people to choose much in colors for lips, but allowed you to chose any color anyway.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Aug 1, 2011 at 02:09 PM.

Don't mind me. Just pick the style you prefer. You probably already know which style I prefer anyway, so don't bother to ask me

Hard decision, because you have some great non-lined versions. But I'll just say, go with the lines anyway. Light ones, at least. If only because when it comes to dresses, I usually see them edged with lines anyway.

Cripes man, your line drawings are gorgeous. You do amazing things with line weight. Most people who line drawings have a tough time understanding weights and just how heavy defining lines should be, but you've got it down pat. This most recent one almost looks kind of 3D just because the correct lines have been given the perfect amount of extra weight.

I concur. I also like how well the hands came out too, plus the way the dress is not perfectly centered around her neck actually gives it motion, and shows the detail that things like that move around the neck. A detail I notice of myself wearing any kind of tee shirt (not dress shirt) in various positions in which it slips more to one side of the neck than another. Happens all the time, but I often don't take notice to that. I could see myself making the mistake of trying too hard to make it all symmetrically positioned. The line weight is perfect to keep the delicate look to the whole thing, even though realistically, she's all but delicate except her normal motions and mannerisms. (eg. Not about to go berserk not swinging around large weapons that a strong human would strain under like a frisbee)
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Aug 3, 2011 at 01:06 PM.

@CoC: Thanks! IMO linework should work, even without the colors. I always try to make the linework 'flow' as if it's a smooth, silky path to follow with your eyes.
    By the way, you should drop a request as well!

@Akaimizu: Glad you like it!

Though, I still have ways to go when it comes to coloring linework. I am still not satisfied with the way I color lined drawings, but we will see how this one will turn out!

Will do! I'll PM you zee details for secrecy's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by qoxolg View Post
    @Akaimizu: Glad you like it!

Though, I still have ways to go when it comes to coloring linework. I am still not satisfied with the way I color lined drawings, but we will see how this one will turn out!
    Ahh. Didn't know you had a no line preference when it comes to coloring. Still, be interesting how the color will come in to show off her dark skin color (darker than Tynselle), yellow eye color, white hair and eyebrow color, and her freckles. Can't say I don't pick unusual combos. Then again, I was really shooting for that exotic look. The kind of person you can look at and tell, from her innocent expression, that she's that way because she has to be. You'd think if Mufonna had her way and would go so far to change something about her look, she'd modify herself to *fit in* the more human-like look.

This style tells the story, on first glance, that Mufonna is all natural. That's the only explanation. She seems to try to look the part, and act the part, but she can't escape what she is. Her eyes, parts of her face, and her colors give her away that she's just not quite human as her mannerisms and fashion sense seem to imply. She has every right to be what she is, but I also want the human onlookers to also have the gut feeling like they're seeing an alien really really trying to be human. Sure, that feeling might inspire a little guilt depending on how much they care about that; but that was the intention. That's the thought that went behind choosing her coloration, and eye-style, as such. The wide open eyes, the way it seems the iris is as wide as little plates, and the freckles are all part of the *innocent* package.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Aug 4, 2011 at 02:44 AM.

Done

NEXT!...

ANYBODY ELSE WANTS SOME!?