Page 53 of 206 FirstFirst ... 3435051525354555663103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Q-gallery V

I did some 30 minute speed paints! .. lets make that 4! These are totally random things. I had no clue what I was about to draw in any of them. It's quite fun to do, it forces you to constantly use your head. With clean paintings, which usually take 8-12 hours, the middle part where I have to detail everything, it can get kind of boring and mind numbing.

I also recorded a video of it, which is 12~15 times speed up.

Man I really love watching your speedpaintings Q! They're always pretty amazing, and I love how great your colour understanding is! *A* I cannot even choose which one of these 4 speedpaints my favourite one is, they are all pretty cool, especially colour wise. ;A; (Tho I also like to motives you drew for each of them!)

Main Twitter - PSO2/Idola Twitter
    Idola ID - 416,416,656

Thanks!

I dunno if I actually had any motives at all! I didn't have time to think about that, cause the video was running and I had to get to bed in time.

MAOR SPEEDPAINTS!

Again 4 paintings each 30 minutes, although this time I was a bit lazy so some of them might be between 30~40 min.

I don't really like the first and second one. The third and fourth one would have some potential, though I won't clean up any of these.

Again, a video

More attempts @ speedpainting. This time I thought I'd do some PSO2 characters from people.

In the end they took me more like 1 hour each then 30 minutes, so I pretty much failed, since the quality it very 'meh'. I guess I don't like being limited when doing speed paints.

Again, a video

Cookies for those that recognize their own character

Personally, adding in the figures in any of your speed paints ruins them for me. I like the simplicity of the backdrops more than the people you often include in them ;x

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    Personally, adding in the figures in any of your speed paints ruins them for me. I like the simplicity of the backdrops more than the people you often include in them ;x
    Have to agree. While the figures do look nice, they don't quite mesh well with the feel of the backgrounds.

Very nice

All off your drawings look very goo, keep it up :3

Spoiler!

<|Friendly Warrior||Theme made by Zorafim|>
    <|Wired-Lance Super Hard Boss Battles|>
    <|Visit my Flickr for PSO2 Related Pics!|>

@Sayara:
    Well yes and no. I think in the first eight speedpaints there is a purpose for the figures being there. In most of them, the figures are used to make the scene more interesting. In the green one, I added the guy with the helmet, for 1. Composition reasons, 2. It's telling some sort of story. You can start thinking hey, there is this dude at some sort of portal. Since there is this cable in his helmet, he is probably on an alien planet. The fishy alien and his cat in the house are probably guarding the gate, etc. etc.

I dunno, I like for something to be happening in my paintings and in the first 8 paintings, the characters are hardly the main point of focus, more an addition.

Now for the latest 4 PSO2 paintings, I forced myself to add the characters and also forced myself to draw them from the front. Thats where things go wrong. I always have the same problem with doing requests here for people. Although I don't mind doing them, I always feel forced to show the front of the character, although it doesn't really match with the composition of the background. Problem is: I don't think people like requesting a picture of their characters where I only show the back of the head or there butt

Another thing that doesn't help is that I don't like drawing from reference pictures. With the backgrounds I only based them on the reference pics, but with the characters you can't do that and somehow it feels like my creative freedom gets completely limited, which is not very good for speedpaints.

On the other hand, I do need to practice speedpainting with reference, but I'll probably do it from life from now on. With these speedpaints overall knowledge is the key to succes. The better you know how to draw and paint certain stuff, the easier it is to paint them. You can't really paint a new type of spider monster, if you don't have knowledge about what real spiders look like. You need to know the rules before you can bend them.

so yeah. I will definitly keep doing backgrounds.. haha.. I might do some without any figures at all

@Celes:
    Oh ha! yeah it was yours! (I had a bunch of screenshots of everyone that once posted something in the PSO2 art thread). It doesn't really look much like her, but you can always request me to make up for that.

@Ami:
    What I replied to Sayara

@Corni:
    yeah yeah... I knew I promised doing something in the mines for your character, but have been busy with other arts stuff. I'll try picking it up soon. I think I'll team you op with Tranny.