Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

for a laptop? really all i can do is go down a list, which no offense, is something you can do. as far as a new laptop goes though, dont get below a 460M. this is the list I'm using http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-...ist.844.0.html
    Any gpu above rank 70 will do the job, but i would look for something as high up on that last as you can afford since you're stuck with that GPU til you get a new laptop.

I strongly recommend a desktop for gaming if your situation will allow it. They're cheaper and much more powerful which gives a better performance to dollar ratio.

I found a nice cheap alienware mx17 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...scrollFullInfo

This my last time posting a pc,since I kinda know what I want already.(but is this good?)
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

I hate alienware so no comment

Quote Originally Posted by Niloklives View Post
    for a laptop? really all i can do is go down a list, which no offense, is something you can do. as far as a new laptop goes though, dont get below a 460M. this is the list I'm using http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-...ist.844.0.html
    Any gpu above rank 70 will do the job, but i would look for something as high up on that last as you can afford since you're stuck with that GPU til you get a new laptop.

I strongly recommend a desktop for gaming if your situation will allow it. They're cheaper and much more powerful which gives a better performance to dollar ratio.
    If that's the case I think I'll rather save up for a desktop, any idea of a price on a desktop that will be enough to run the game better then lower setting?

Name: Kaiyou Trinon
    Race: Human
    Class: Hunter
    Ship: 02
    Block: 21+

Can you love it just this one time for me?? I'll never bother you guys again about this stuff. I still got my eyes on that desktop mini.
    Last edited by Corey Blue; Jul 30, 2011 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyou_Trinon View Post
    If that's the case I think I'll rather save up for a desktop, any idea of a price on a desktop that will be enough to run the game better then lower setting?
    Most everything that I can recommend is by building the computer yourself. desktops are extremely easy to put together so it's hard to tell you to buy a gaming PC in good conscience. as far as building, this thread and my thread in the PSO2 forum both have guides for buying parts, building rigs and complete build solutions. outside of that, the game will run on mid to high settings on a mid range GPU like a 5770 or a 550 Ti. you can certainly go beyond that but as far as PSO2, you're set with those.

If you insist on buying one, make sure the computer has a dedicated graphics card. newegg has some options for gaming PCs with good GPUs. You save a lot of money buy building your own machine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Blue View Post
    Can you love it just this one time for me?? I'll never bother you guys again about this stuff. I still got my eyes on that desktop mini.
    Don't get the alienware

Thanks a lot I'll check out the threads about that, saving money is the way to go nowadays. Plus who knows when PSO2 will be released here in the US.

Name: Kaiyou Trinon
    Race: Human
    Class: Hunter
    Ship: 02
    Block: 21+

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.p...el_name=NP7280 Ok the price for this is 2,150$ but my only problem is the possessor,will it last or how does that work really? Intel Core i7-960 Processor

Quote Originally Posted by Niloklives View Post
    Most everything that I can recommend is by building the computer yourself. desktops are extremely easy to put together so it's hard to tell you to buy a gaming PC in good conscience. as far as building, this thread and my thread in the PSO2 forum both have guides for buying parts, building rigs and complete build solutions. outside of that, the game will run on mid to high settings on a mid range GPU like a 5770 or a 550 Ti. you can certainly go beyond that but as far as PSO2, you're set with those.

If you insist on buying one, make sure the computer has a dedicated graphics card. newegg has some options for gaming PCs with good GPUs. You save a lot of money buy building your own machine though.

Don't get the alienware
    Have you ever had an Alienware? Or at least used one??? It seems like you are very bitter towards even the mention of the word Alienware. Just curious if you have an example 'cuz I thought they handled Crysis great & looked cool as hell!

you seem to be confusing the processing power with the value and the quality of the parts. cheaply doesn't always mean low performance. it means they cut costs by using parts that are less dependable and flimsy. it means they dont take fully take into account and build their machines fully aware that they are prone to overheat. Dell is also known for using proprietary parts so that if(when) something DOES fail, they want you to pay them to fix it. Lastly, they charge too much money for what you get. They trade on a name that no longer has any meaning. I've explained this before and you PERSONALLY choose to ignore what I say regardless of how many different times I say it and how many different ways. So from here on, I'll assume asking me about alienware is an attempt to troll me.

And I don't need to own an alienware to know what's wrong with it. it's called reading reports and word of mouth from people that buy them. I don't own a laptop. I don't use laptops. I have no reason to use a laptop, and why would a buy a prebuilt desktop when I can build my own?

If you want to buy an Alienware, I certainly can't stop you, but I have qualified my reasoning more than enough times and refuse to allow you to badger me over something just so I'll give you the answer you want.
    Last edited by Niloklives; Jul 30, 2011 at 06:06 PM.