Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

It wasn't unnecessary to me. I don't know if this thread has gone to his head, but he's just grandstanding for the hell of it. I said your machine costs too much and he got on his soapbox and started talking about... well whatever.

As for your computer first of all the 2600K is a waste for gaming. It performs equal to the 2500K, but even with that I built a computer with the same specs for $1520

Putting a computer together is simple as hell, but if you want to pay $470 for putting together a few parts that would take... about an hour then its your money to blow.

the 2600k may not give you much more for gaming, but how many people get a brand new computer and JUST game with it? I do agree that anything over the 2600k is a complete waste of money, however.

The counter to that being how many tasks can someone (especially the people in this thread) do with a 2600K where they'll notice the difference over a 2500K?

and to throw salt on that how many would pay $100 more for that performance?

I didn't pay 100 more for it. I paid 70 more for it, and I'd do it again.

Side by side the 2600k is going to severely outperform the 2500 in anything that supports multithreading. I'm sorry if you don't get anything out of that, but others do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclearranger View Post
    It will probably run PSO-2 However my cheap build is about the same cost and is better.
    Better how? If it runs PSO2 like a beast, then what more would I need?
    Username: Blazingsonic
    PS0 Name: Sentai
    F/C: 4125-5095-5213
    F/C: 1892-2449-7676

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

That's a silly question. Why wouldn't you want something better for the same price?

Nuke, what is your gaming laptop of choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Hotobu View Post
    Do you just type for the sake of typing? Diminishing returns and the rest of the tangent you went off on has nothing to do with it. The parts in that machine don't add up to $2000.
    Wow a bit harsh. I obviously didn't go out and google it part by part and I feel bad for you if you had the time to do that.
    If anyone needs help on PC hardware, building a computer, parts/pricing recommendation for PSO-2 please go to this thread:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189487

Quote Originally Posted by Hotobu View Post
    It wasn't unnecessary to me. I don't know if this thread has gone to his head, but he's just grandstanding for the hell of it. I said your machine costs too much and he got on his soapbox and started talking about... well whatever.

As for your computer first of all the 2600K is a waste for gaming. It performs equal to the 2500K, but even with that I built a computer with the same specs for $1520

Putting a computer together is simple as hell, but if you want to pay $470 for putting together a few parts that would take... about an hour then its your money to blow.
    Gone to my head? Grandstanding?

lol really? I could stop posting after this post and I wouldn't lose anything for it.
    You act like I am drunk with power or something over a vast amount of peons.

Seriously, the post you made was not clear enough to only take in ONE way. I obviously took it as you meant 1900 was too much to spend on a desktop, and imo 1900 is a bit over what I would do.

Grandstanding? Come on, this is charity work, not some power hungry feast I am indulging in.
    If anyone needs help on PC hardware, building a computer, parts/pricing recommendation for PSO-2 please go to this thread:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189487

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclearranger View Post
    Wow a bit harsh. I obviously didn't go out and google it part by part and I feel bad for you if you had the time to do that.
    Didn't have to initially. I knew a good ballpark for the prices of everything off the top of my head. Also LOL @ the lame "you had time" comeback attempt. Googleing (or just going to Newegg) takes 5 minutes tops when you know what you're looking for.