Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ark22 View Post
    I hate to ask...But could you gather info on the cheapest build? So I can save up on. I honestly want a PC JUST for this game. No future games.
    No problem. That's what this thread is for.

This is a fairly impossible task to get EXACTLY right. I will have to overshoot a little bit to guarantee it will run.

Please post and ask again tomorrow if I do not have this up. It is getting late here in MN and I will have to do this tomorrow.
    If anyone needs help on PC hardware, building a computer, parts/pricing recommendation for PSO-2 please go to this thread:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189487

That is all copy-pasted and saved to my checklist for my next rig (probably closer to diablo 3 or PSO2 launch). I don't need Crysis-crunching power. I just want dependable and consistency.

Thx again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclearranger View Post
    I am sorry, I did not mean to step on toes either. I felt my knowledge would be a better overall help in it's own thread.

I feel there is much confusion on BUILDING a pc in the hardware department. Something your thread specifically says it will NOT cover.
    I have a section that talks about building and has a guide. what I state in my opening comments is that I will not go through each post and help each one individually with building their machine. I'm more than happy for people to offer help and guide people within the thread. But between school, work and my personal life I don't have time for hand holding.

I also mention that I'll add anything to the OP that others have to offer that will help members with their builds or upgrades.

The opening post however has info on how to build a computer, a few tips, talks about what to avoid as far as brands, has a few warnings, talks about laptops, upgrades, etc. I'm not saying it's perfect and it likely needs an update soon, but it's more informative than I think people give it credit for.

The point is I'm not claiming that thread as my personal advice column. I help when I can, but anyone can ask questions and give answers...most of my posts I just try to keep people from spreading rumors and posting irrelevant/false information (IE, "Sandy bridge is a defective product line" or "you need a soldering iron to build a computer")

Quote Originally Posted by Niloklives View Post
    I have a section that talks about building and has a guide. what I state in my opening comments is that I will not go through each post and help each one individually with building their machine. I'm more than happy for people to offer help and guide people within the thread. But between school, work and my personal life I don't have time for hand holding.

I also mention that I'll add anything to the OP that others have to offer that will help members with their builds or upgrades.

The opening post however has info on how to build a computer, a few tips, talks about what to avoid as far as brands, has a few warnings, talks about laptops, upgrades, etc. I'm not saying it's perfect and it likely needs an update soon, but it's more informative than I think people give it credit for.

The point is I'm not claiming that thread as my personal advice column. I help when I can, but anyone can ask questions and give answers...most of my posts I just try to keep people from spreading rumors and posting irrelevant/false information (IE, "Sandy bridge is a defective product line" or "you need a soldering iron to build a computer")
    Understood. However lets not ruin this thread with anything off topic. I am not trying to steal your thread away from you.... I am not even sure why it matters. This is a thread about me helping people with their questions. That is all.
    If anyone needs help on PC hardware, building a computer, parts/pricing recommendation for PSO-2 please go to this thread:
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189487

its not that, just feel this could be consolidated into one topic

You to should just marry each other and make great towers and give them to me for free. Just saying.
    On a relevant note, I will repost tomorrow if you do fall asleep =D THANKS FOR TRYING!

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

* SHUTTLE SX58J3 Black Mini PC Barebone, LGA1366, Intel X58, DDR3-1600 (O.C.) 16GB /4, PCIe x16 SLI CF /2, SATA 3 Gb/s RAID /2, HDA, GbLAN /2, 500W PSU
    * INTEL Core™ i7-970 Six-Core, 3.2GHz, LGA1366, 4.8 GT/s QPI, 12MB L3 Cache, HT EM64T EIST TB VT XD, 32nm, 130W, Retail
    * CORSAIR 12GB (3 x 4GB) Vengeance™ PC3-12800 DDR3 1600MHz CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V SDRAM DIMM, Non-ECC
    * ZOTAC ZT-50201-10P, GeForce® GTX 570 732MHz, 1280MB GDDR5 3800MHz, PCIe x16 SLI, 2x DVI + mini-HDMI, Retail
    * ZOTAC ZT-98GES3M-FSL, GeForce® 9800 GT 550MHz, 512MB GDDR3 1800MHz, PCIe x16 SLI, DVI+HDMI+VGA, Retail
    * SEAGATE 1TB Barracuda® 7200.12, SATA 6 Gb/s, 7200 RPM, 32MB cache
    * SEAGATE 1TB Constellation™ ES, SATA 6 Gb/s, 7200 RPM, 64MB cache
    * RAID No RAID, Independent HDD Drives
    * ASUS DVD-E818A7T Black 16x DVD-ROM Drive, SATA, OEM
    * SONY AD-7261S Black 24x DVD±R/RW Dual-Layer Burner w/ Lightscribe, SATA, OEM
    * MICROSOFT Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 Wired Optical Mouse, 5 Buttons + 1 Wheel, USB + PS/2, Black
    * MICROSOFT Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition w/ SP1, OEM
    * WARRANTY Assembled and Tested (1 Year Parts, Lifetime Labor Warranty) Hey are these spec's good for long term?? You said something about not getting mini computers but does this one look ok?
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

^That looks....MORE than ready

Thanks to Vashyron =D!

Yeah it's more then ready for PSO2,I was wondering if it was good for gaming all together,because it's upgradable.(I just dont want to get screwed over.)http://www.avadirect.com/mini-pc-con...asp?PRID=18182 2100$ is my budget.
    Last edited by Corey Blue; Jul 27, 2011 at 11:52 PM.
    Last one called,but the first one finished.

you're paying too much

that cpu is way overkill and those custom build jobs always overcharge. you're getting screwed. dont get more than a quad-core for gaming
    Last edited by Niloklives; Jul 28, 2011 at 12:59 AM.