Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 132021222324252633 ... LastLast
    "Of their own accord" Enforcer MKV's Avatar
    Somewhere, being an old man again, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by chaos-shadow View Post
    Now if only it would stop the whining of "I played this mission for 4 hours and I haven't seen Xsuperrareitem yet!"
    hahaha, that is a dream I don't think we'll ever see come true.
    Enforcer MkX [TE/RA]: Critically injured
    Violet MkV [BR/HU]: On active duty

PSO and PSO 2 are not MMOs I know that Sega liked to con people into thinking it is and then get money out of them, but it is not. It's heavily instanced. You don't have 600 people in one area fucking up monsters. So it's an online rpg sure but not so massively. Does not need to be so either. This has it's charm makes groups more personal.

You guys have to get into the mistrust of the publisher dynamic, that will force them to be more compliant and make better games, you don't hold em accountable you get wow.

As for personal item drops, I could see everyone in party picking up every junk rares they find and dropping them for teammates to use, making 1 junk rare drop multiply by x4. The only solution to minimize total mess is to minimize rare drop frequency and eliminate all kinds of synthing mat drops such as in PSU drop system.

Multi-Party Areas
    • In multi-party areas, support techniques will only affect your party.
    • There are some techniques that have cross-party effects, however.
    Cross-party effect techs that are not support techs would lead me to imagine that they are bringing back combination attack techs a la Phantasy Star IV style, hopefully. They could make this work by having certain number of cross-party members staying in close proximity and casting combination attack spells togather at the same time that would turn into one uber powerful boss-killer spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Musekaze View Post
    My argument there, Hotobu, is that LoZ doesn't really RPG. The only thing different about each character is the name, should someone choose to not be named Link, and there are no choices you make that affect the story. I suppose it could be argued that because there are tons of hidden secrets to explore and such, and that those are all completely optional, those are viewed as "choices" and Link does improve and get shiny stuff by doing some of these things, that it can be viewed as an RPG. However, most fans of the series wouldn't think so.

Irony aside, I can see why Malachite wouldn't see the PS games as MMOs. I still think it's deluded, but that doesn't mean he isn't entitled to that belief.

However, as you pointed out, I've lost my agreeableness factor and neglected the fact that I contradicted myself so I'm just going to finish waking up and never touch the PSOW forums again. There's a reason I use this as a reference website, not a social/discussion one. (That being it's not a smaller community of players I see regularly, it's a very large community of people I don't know anything about.)

EDIT

Random fact about me: I am either deliberately overly literal, or use circular logic and nonsense in logical ways. Sometimes I am not always aware of this (usually when I am tired). When I am, very silly things happen.
    Zelda is a sub class of RPG called adventure. the reason for this is there is still stat and skill progression with a focus more on atmosphere story and such than there is on action. your definition of RPG is too narrow as there are plenty of RPGs that dont let you cnage the names of teh characters and don't have any sort of cause and effect. By your definition even classic RPGs like dragont quest and early final fantasy titles...heck PS games except III - all dont qualify as RPGs by your standards.

I think you need to reevaluate your outlook.

Quote Originally Posted by psublog
    Wired lance: You can’t throw the larger sized enemies. According to Dengeki, the Wired Lance can do something else other than flinging enemies, it can tear off a part of the body.
    WHAT? That sounds freaking awesome. Imagine if you could rip a monsters head off lol.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

Wired Lance = spiderman

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMaruku View Post
    PSO and PSO 2 are not MMOs I know that Sega liked to con people into thinking it is and then get money out of them, but it is not. It's heavily instanced. You don't have 600 people in one area fucking up monsters. So it's an online rpg sure but not so massively. Does not need to be so either. This has it's charm makes groups more personal.

But you DO have 600 people online. Playing the game. At the same time. It does not matter if the game is instanced or not -- you DO realize that no matter how big a game world is, you can only interact with a finite number of players at a single time?

There can be 951,000,000 World of Warcraft players online, sharing the same world, at the same time. You will never encounter all of them, and you can only interact with so many of them at once. If you're on one side of the map, your client will COMPLETELY ignore a portion of the map a few blocks from where you're standing. Thus, while the world isn't instanced, for all intents and purposes it might as well be.

</conversation.

There is no difference between the two. More recent MMOs are simply larger than PSO because of the OBVIOUS age differences, but PSO still classifies because you are not sharing the server content with 4 freaking people.

Especially when you realize there is not a single MMO on this planet where 600 people can be in one spot, at the same time, doing the same thing, and have the game be even remotely playable. Not only would that destroy whatever graphics card you're using, it would be completely impractical. Chat windows would EXPLODE, the server would be ridiculously stressed, and your framerate would probably be abysmal no matter what graphics card you'd be using.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Jul 29, 2011 at 05:34 PM.

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

Yes... there is no difference between PSO and WoW... aside from the fact that they're completely different games/genres in almost every spectrum.

Obviously there's a difference in gameplay. Smarty Pants. Stay on topic, we're talking about the Genre here.

Edit: Wait, no we're not.

BOOBIES!