Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Default Survival RP Planning (Now Started!)

The RP has started: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=189948

Looking for a minimum of 4 people (actually I guess I should say 3 others since I'm included,) otherwise this is a no go. Also, while it's not required, because of the way the rules work, an even number of people is ideal over an odd one. If you're interested, say so here. However, a couple things need to be sorted out before we go on with this.

OK, for starters, here's a bullet list of how the rules are going to work.
    Spoiler!

Now, I wouldn't be a very good host if I didn't give you guys some sort of control of what we're doing so the RP can be relevant and interesting to you. Namely, we need to decide the setting. I'll list off a few myself, anyone can add their ideas to the list or make more specifications to what I've listed. However, only the people that are actually participating can decide on the final choice.

Spoiler!

Like I said, if anyone has other ideas of what they would like to do, post them. Also, if you would like to head in the direction of a more story oriented survival RP, you can suggest a very general outline of it (like the example of finding an abandoned laboratory) or how things will start (for example, if we all wanted to be archaeologists that get stuck in the wild.)

Last, I'll need the names and a brief physical description of each character. At least enough that I can write the opening for the RP. I don't really need more than gender and a rough idea of what's being worn and their physique. If you feel like describing your character more in your own posts that's fine.
    Last edited by Sord; Aug 9, 2011 at 12:14 AM.

A ruined city or something like the isle of Dr Moreau would be pretty righteous.

*Isle of Dr, was in a nutshell man abandoned on an island where a scientist fuses and creates hybrid animal human things....and treats them to a cult like religion til the 2nd half of the book where it became more survival based and escape. I can imagine the hybrided animals could be hostile to people not like themselves or something

Anyway, character ho!
    Name Sayara
    Age 19
    Female, slender frame 5'9, 110lb, Cup B, Long Purple/violet hair, eyes a shade of graysh red with purple rings/bruises under her eyes.
    http://nokame.deviantart.com/gallery...ath=/#/d38l2b7 this outfit.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Ok, Here's mine..

Name: Rave (short for Raven) Wolfkrone
    Height: 5'11

Description:
    He's dark skinned with dark blue, slicked back hair.
    He has Brown eyes, and a fair build.

Wears a black Tee, Black baggy camo pants, some sneakers, and an armband as an accessory. Has the kanji for freedom tattooed on his neck.

Personality: Being an outgoing person, he's laid back and tries his best to lighten any situation, no matter what the circumstance, although it doesn't always work out in his favor. He also tends to act a bit lazy, but is actually smarter than most people think he is.

He has an odd "Wild Sense", smelling animals distances away, and even having excellent hearing.

EDIT: Yoshiblue's post makes me feel like I should add a bit more.
    Last edited by Taijutsu-Joshua; Aug 1, 2011 at 09:34 PM.

[My Idea]

Setting: Parum in a mountainous valley within a peninsula. Picture reference below.
    Spoiler!

Lush with vegitation with plenty of animals roaming around. Rains alot and tends to be cold at night. A few villages and towns maybe found from those who survived the 500 year war and those else that have been taken by the fog and clouds within the mountains.

Cause:
    A) Commercial plane flying to its destination within Parum runs out of fuel due to a unseen leak(breaks open midflight) and crashes.

B) Said plane fly through a cloud and in a blind spot is torn open my a mountain's peak and proceeds with a crash landing in an effort to save its self. This due to Parum's environment being artificial.

Character:

Name: Luneth Schneider
    Height: 5'11

Description:
    A slightly tan man with spikey brown hair leaning back. wears a serious expression most of the time with brown eyes. A slim muscular build due to being a competitive swimmer.

He is a man that mostly keeps to himself unless he is around friends. He has a foundness for fruit drinks and rappy racing. Likes to keep things leveled and in control. Tends to be unlucky with electronics when they aren't in working order. Dislikes the vain and haughty. Puts Family and friends before himself.

He wore to the flight a brown T with a under shirt, blue denim shorts, and brown sneakers.
    Last edited by yoshiblue; Jul 30, 2011 at 08:38 PM.

I like the Parum idea, wasn't familiar with the history of it myself (I did play PSU, but I didn't pay that much attention to the story.) That would make for an interesting idea, it's possible we could even bump into old military facilities or something that was looked over in the landscape.

If we hit the mountain, well, we'd have to work our way down probably. It also allows for a simple, plausible deus ex machina as to why we can't just send out a radio signal. We crash land, jump ship, and then the unstable surface budges and the ship goes tumbling down the mountain. Our best hope would be to get to the bottom and see if the ship is still intact enough to send out a distress signal. If people are still showing interest in the RP, we could always just say it was to damaged or a creature got into it and wrecked it or something, and we'd have to continue on to find a civilization.

What do the others think?
    Last edited by Sord; Jul 30, 2011 at 09:17 PM.

If not then they could take something and seek out something or someone to repair it so they could call for help. If we do go for the previous survivors inhabiting the lands, I foresee drama.

I never played PSU itself but its PSP variants. I'm not sure if they even cover what went on in their 500 year war. I do remember the first mission in Parum were fancy dood Hyuga(?) mentions that the terrain is artifical in an effort to restore it's beauty. This could mean plants from other planets or cloned things. It could also mean that some of the stuff could be meaded or made with metals and such. For those who think a plane would be unaffected by a mountain side.
    Last edited by yoshiblue; Jul 30, 2011 at 09:14 PM.

I'm up for anything, so I wouldn't mind the Parum location. But what cause is it going to be? I'd go for B.
    Last edited by Taijutsu-Joshua; Jul 30, 2011 at 09:18 PM.

Id join. With the Rifts and all. And i can write detailed, Just didn't want to cause someone kept complaining about the Wall Of Texts i did and the only way to make the person quiet was to stop. So count me in.

PS: Hate to say it, But I do know a bit about Parum.

Honestly, if we do Parum, I'm kinda liking B myself. The only issue with doing a PSO/U world is I don't think I'm sure I would want to allow casts. Being made of metal and not needing food or water kind of takes away from the survival point. At the same time a single cast could also serve as somewhat of a protector and could do more labor intensive things (it'd probably be a lot easier for a walking half ton of metal to break some big branches for something, or hurl a larger rock at an animal to scare it off, etc.) Thing is, I really would not want any more than one, but what if two or more people want to play CAST? On top of that, since they're entirely mechanical, it seems like they'd just be able to radio for help via their internal computer (though I suppose we could just say they long range communications got damaged.)

Also, another suggestion, that can be worked into just about any of them (it'd work pretty well with Parum though) would be hitting a null zone that isn't on any charts. If it was on Parum, we could have it turn out to be an experimental weapon left over from the war, and possibly stumble onto whatever is causing it. Not sure how I feel about it, but it was an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by HUcast Lv.100 View Post
    Id join. With the Rifts and all. And i can write detailed, Just didn't want to cause someone kept complaining about the Wall Of Texts i did and the only way to make the person quiet was to stop. So count me in.
    That's why I left that one RP I joined, where we were stuck in some primitive post-apocalyptic setting and their were monsters chasing us around or whatever. Creator complaining that two paragraphs is a wall of text? Fuckin seriously?
    Last edited by Sord; Jul 30, 2011 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Siyamak View Post
    That's why I left that one RP I joined, where we were stuck in some primitive post-apocalyptic setting and their were monsters chasing us around or whatever. Creator complaining that two paragraphs is a wall of text? Fuckin seriously?
    Who knows Sord? It was quite a long time ago. And we allowed to sware? I had no idea. And i am not using a CAST for this one for your information. Like you clearly mentioned above, It renders the whole idea RP idea useless.