Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Voice Chat

Default Voice Chat

I know it's probably a stretch, since voice chat only exists in the Xbox versions of the online PS games, but ever since I moved to PSU 360, I just find it makes the game much more immersive and allows for easier communication.

Of course, with that comes the immature people, but I find it to be worth the cons. What do you guys think?
    PSU 360 & JP Player!
    Gamertag: KoNeko1192
    Character name(s): KoNeko

It would be nice for everyone to use the same chatting system. If not people will most likely use various other chatting programs.

I agree. I just found that with PSU 360 vs. PC, the voice chat (since it was with random players and you can't really take the time to invite every single random to Teamspeak or something) allowed me to make in-game friends more easily and I feel much closer to the community as a whole because of it. It's mainly the convenience of in-game voice chat, I suppose.
    PSU 360 & JP Player!
    Gamertag: KoNeko1192
    Character name(s): KoNeko

Challenge Mode ...Fanatic Aerilas's Avatar

If you could turn it off, maybe.

There's a great deal of people who simply don't want to speak during games. They don't want their voice to be heard, or they aren't comfortable with it, etc etc.

Still, you could run skype/TS as a secondary program.
    Phantasy Star Online:
    Challenge Mode (TA!) player.

Looking for someone willing to help with a signature .

I Mean Voice Chat Would Be Cool, But Sometimes You Get That One Kid That You Don't Want To Hear Talk And It's Like, "Wow, Why Is This Kid Talking Again?"

To Be Honest, There Are So Many External Chat Programs That I'd Prefer To Use With People I Would Normally Play With. For Everyone Else, A Well Integrated Text System Is All That's Necessary. Besides, SEGA Can't Stop Me From Saying PORK Or Saturday If They Let Me Talk.

Obnoxious Little Frog Malachite's Avatar

I don't want voice chat, because it doesn't really fit in PSO, and there's waaay too many annoying people out there. Also, in my opinion, it actually breaks the immersion rather than helps it. There's many, many voice chat programs out there though, if you wanna use voice chat in PSO2.

Also, @ Baron guy... why do you type like that? lol

Adds character maybe? Uniqueness? Or maybe its how he/she learned to type.

A caseal contruction lab, someplace on the guardians colony...

"Wait, are you a 12 year old boy?"

No thanks. I like keyboards.

Making a Mega Man clone! Check it out! http://gigaguygame.blogspot.com/

i remember, the worst thing about text chat was how Sega implemented it in PSU. That darn censorship way too often censored perfectly fine words and/or numbers, and you go through the trouble to type in that message only to have the entire message Fubard.

Even worse when it is a message you are sending, and you took a good long time to come up with it. No recovery, or ability to fix the falsely judged offending material, you start over. Voice chat got past that incredible annoyance so I generally used it on the 360 version.

Of course, back in PSO, I used to curse the text-only option at times because I was a force. And while there was no Voice chatting back in the day, it was still annoying to have more limited resources to organize with randoms who obviously didn't get how to work with you. However, it still worked a bit better in PSO, overall. A combination of both the increased communication options, the slower pace of PSO, and the lack of worry that any *new* thing you type may just get destroyed in the filter. I don't care how fast you type, if that filter kicks your message out, you lost valuable time.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Aug 3, 2011 at 05:10 AM.

We have technology! The holy mute button shall smite the lips of others! Invite only chat will be a groups best friend!