Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Elite Masterforce Soloist Midori Oku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    The secret to Grinding is:

Spoiler!
    Agreed!

Too bad 360 does not have Guardians Cash. I would abuse the shit out of it, if we did.

Guardians cash is pretty much for losers who have to pay a lot extra to get grinded weapons.
    Its also pretty good proof that people will pay real life money for basically NOTHING, stuff they can get for free and should be the point of the game. Nope, they just want to waste cash on stupid crap.

Elite Masterforce Soloist Midori Oku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Wren View Post
    Guardians cash is pretty much for losers who have to pay a lot extra to get grinded weapons.
    Its also pretty good proof that people will pay real life money for basically NOTHING, stuff they can get for free and should be the point of the game. Nope, they just want to waste cash on stupid crap.
    Why do you care if people like to spend real money to on stuff in a game they enjoy to have more fun? Shouldn't people be able to spend their hard earned money on what they want? Now I can agree that it is stupid to over use it. Using it on stuff like Double Cannons, Rutsularods, Grandias, etc... is fine just because they are good and really rare. If you think about it, it is basically no different than paying for DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna_Wren View Post
    Do you gamble in real life? Do you buy bottled water? Do you buy alcohol? These are just a few examples that show people spending real life money for 'basically nothing' and they are just as foolish as your examples. If people enjoy playing the game and spending their hard-earned money, why should you, or anyone else, have anything against them for it?

We do what we do...
    Its MUCH more fun that way.....

The thing about Guardians Cash (and speaking as a person who plays in PSUJP from time to time) is what SEGA actually does with it.

In Events SEGA will release some Fancy and Powerful weapon. What then happens is that through Guardians Cash a stronger weapon is actually released usually during a grind boost. Players Gamble their money away to get these weapons in "Legacy of Light" runs and then grind them using GC.

What then happens is that usually in 2 - 6 weeks another weapon is released which cancels out your effort. Sure, its nice to have a 10/10 weapon, but the reason one has a 10/10 weapon outside of full custom power is to make a top weapon even stronger.

In every major economy where a stronger currency (GC > Meseta) has controlled a weaker currency, the weaker currency has lost its value to the stronger and thus become dependent on it. Now the demand is that unless your weapon or armor is a top item, you must grind a weapon to 8/10 - 10/10 or top armor to 40% in order to have it sold for something to have it worth anything.

Now there is a reason why I complain about this each and every time.

When you purchase a product in the real world, a warranty usually comes with it. There is no guarantee in online gaming because no server is going to run forever as no product will exist forever. However, the in-game items bought in PSU have no warranty because there is a chance you won't get what you want. Players will testify in making many runs in Legacy of Light for particular weapons and not finding the drops they want, or grinding weapons to 8/10 just to have them broken going to 9 or 10.

Second Reason I make this argument on GC itself is simply because while its true kids can take credit cards from their parents and those who have some dependencies can play. What about fully independent people?

I have to pay monthly bills on a mortgage for my house. I pay utilities such as Water, Gas, Electricity. I also have to maintain my car and keep it GASed up. On top of that my computers cost a lot of money and on top of it I have to pay money to maintain an Internet Connection, along with monthly fees to the games which apply and pay for my games.

...just so someone tosses me something that says "Its ok to pay a monthly fee, but if you won't give me your money, then others who are willing to give me their money will buy an advantage" and this really hurts when it comes to PvP games where one can use the advantage. Hurts also in PSU because if you find a RARE weapon and grind it to 10/10 and then want to sell it, players are smart enough to know they can wait for the GC equivalent and then you will be forced to rip yourself off to make a deal to make money.

The same money spent on buying food like Eggs, Milk and Bread are spent towards grinding weapons. To run a Legacy of Light - A costs more than buying an Egg Mcmuffin meal at McDonalds where I live. I didn't mention above that I also have to pay bills for having a Cell Phone, and then there is buying Food Each week so I don't starve to death.

I rather buy sweat pants and sweat shirts for $3 - $5 each at Walmart that are super comfortable and make for good sleeping clothes than to spend the same on a Gatchan to try to get digital clothes for my digital girls.

Seriously, PSU sounds like a game where SEGA tries to get males to fall in love with their digital girls to have them spend money on their girls rather than actually go out and find a real girlfriend and get into a real relationship where good or bad at least there is interaction vs the imaginary thoughts some of these Japanese Males have on PSUJP to literally ask other males if they would like to Cyber-Sex between characters in an imaginary fuckage of each other's female characters.

Of course that's just me.

You could agree with me and declare me a loser, but out of love I write this post or I wouldn't spend my time. Seriously, if you must play 8 - 14 hours a day to feel satisfied to a game when there are millions of things you can do in the world, I feel really sorry for you because I expect more from you, and I do believe each person is capable of so much more.....

~Keilyn
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Blah Blah Blah
    ~Keilyn
    I pay bills, buy food, pay internet connection, ect and sh!t. Do you see me complaining?

and as Jess pointed out a while back 85% of the weapons that drop are better than the Guadians Cash weapons.
    Orius - M.Newman lvl180 MF20 ---- Megalodon V9.0 - M.Cast lvl180 fG20/GM20
    _______ YOmap - M.Beast lvl104 PT20 ---- ダークエンジェル F.Human lvl57 AF11________

JP PSU
    www.psupedia.info/User:Orius

The future of PSU is based on how well (or bad) PSO-2 does.

As it stands PSUJP is an F2P game which charges you a premium course to have access to the base content (as well as 2 other channels) and even with that, you don't have access to the full content unless you pay GC to get that content counting costumes and weapons.

At least in Dragon Nest I have access to the full content and the cash shop items help and dont give you an advantage in the game. So I don't have to pay a MONTHLY FEE in order to have access to all the base content and zones in the entire game.

I am not stating PSU is a horrible game as I still play it under premium course, but when I take population into account and the things I can do in both games...

PSUJP = less than 250K accounts, and has been out for five years. No PvP, Instanced, No Challenge Zones (unless you consider ohtori a challenge). F2P + Cash Shop, Limited Access unless a monthly fee is paid. Directly In Japan

Dragon Nest = Over 60 million accounts, has been out for 2 years. PvP exists, Instanced, Challenge Zones made for Solo Players and Parties. F2P + Cash Shop, No monthly Fee, Full Zone Access. Localized in several nations now. IP block to those outside region.

I play both games and I find the only good thing about PSU is the weapon graphics, PA animation and Character Animation/Graphics. Everything else to the game sucks.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

You think PSU Graphics are good? o.0