Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
    I beg to differ entirely. As much as the anti-Nintendo crowd likes to throw around that kind of trash talk, it's simply not true. Besides being platformers, almost every single Mario game (I'm talking about real Mario games, none of that Party crap) has had major changes to its gameplay formula. Also, the newer they are, the more they tend to be ripe with references to the oldschool games; that isn't for the kids who don't get the references, it's for the older crowd who grew up on the older games. Being kid friendly doesn't take away that those games can be enjoyed by anyone, and hold specific content for seasoned gamers.
    I was mostly alluding to the whole bowser steals peach again. The gameplay is definitely new and innovative, but I know a lot of people who wont play the game anymore because they dont get any enjoyment having to bail peach out every freaking game.

Aye Metro was a rare gem of a game, and if I could play through Elder scrolls oblivion and Fallout 3 with all it's bugs and glitches, on BOTH 360 and PC, I can endure Metro's occasional and infrequent foibles....whoa THAT'S how you spell foible? NEATO!

And as for the whole bailing peach out thing, it's not the Destination that matters, but the adventure there that counts afterall, well unless your going somewhere REALLY awesome, like an old fashioned nickle Arcade, or to to Las Vegas.
    Last edited by Hatemachine; Aug 27, 2011 at 09:03 PM.

So when will Luigi get another solo outside of a mansion?

I remember the creator of megaman saying that capcom needs to get with the times.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

An remake of mario is missing on the Wii-U with Luigi traveling a 3D-HD Italy would be badass.

Hell I'd buy a Wii-U for that.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

I'd say the most harmful thing to the industry is the western market, or to better put it, the causal gaming trend as it influences things in a bad way. Look at all the terrible western-aimed remakes and reboots of things by japanese companies or cases of YET another FPS, Bioware or GTA-style game. Such a trend cannot die soon enough

It's not a trend.

It's a consequence that is a combination of massive, MASSIVE development budgets and management that is largely conservative on all fronts. Because the games cost so much to make, developers are too afraid to do anything too risky or else they risk not recouping the development costs. (Of course, this can bite them back in the ass when customers lose interest due to it being more of the same - such as what happened with DDR and Guitar Hero). The amounts of money involved are large enough that CEOs are unwilling to invest in any project that is not backed with large amounts of market research and focus group testing.

One of two things has to happen for this to change: Either the development costs get reduced drastically, or developers who take risks get recompensed in some way if the game fails to draw an adequate customer base. A developer cannot run on charity or good will alone. They have to draw paying customers.

Of course, indie developers don't have this issue. Since their projects are inherently much cheaper to produce, they can get away with selling their games for less or selling much fewer copies. So they can take risks where the bigger developers cannot. However, because their development budgets are so much smaller, they also end up being technically unimpressive. Can't have the best of both worlds!

In an ideal world, developers would have the foresight to actually look ahead and see what players actually want from their games, and thus they would be able to produce a game that is both innovative AND a cash-grabber. Unfortunately, we do not live in that world.

The PSO2 dev team, on the other hand... they're making some very good moves.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

My sig says I can make an indie game for free.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshiblue View Post
    I remember the creator of megaman saying that capcom needs to get with the times.
    Megaman Legends 3 and Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City are looking pretty freakin' sweet.

Legends 3 is canceled permanently.

What!!? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo!!!! (it's not like i was going to buy 3DS anywas but still...)