Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I guess I don't understand how that will fold... is it meant to be two cards? If just one card then why have such a weird back, why not a dual panel front and a mono back design?

CANCEL THAT^

I got it now. I would say a quad folded card is too much, even for casual play. I'd rather barely be able to read it than have a bunch of folded paper. It you redesign the card into something like you have in the upper portion of the pic there, a side by side with all the text in the right half/pic on the left... maybe it'll afford you more space to type out the rules? It would be sort of like the 2 in 1 MTG cards, 2 cards side by side style-ish.

If not that then I'd say make a squarish card... 6 cards per 8x10 sheet. 2 wide by 3 tall. Why limit yourself to typical dimensions of cards?
    Last edited by Akedos; Oct 25, 2011 at 02:23 AM.

Also, I can't believe you included the Billy Hatcher cards... wtf... lol

The problem with having the cards side by side is that they will be near impossible to shuffle properly, that's why I went for the folded model. I figured I'd use the magic size for the cards as then it would be possible to get card sleaves for them. I've taken a picture of a version of this card that I printed out.

But yes, the folding could get quite drastic on some cards, especially those with lots of skills. *ponders* I'm wondering if I should use an idea I was working on back when I first started this project. I was using a word file to keep track of all the skills as I went through, perhaps I could make a little skill book that contains all the skills.

<Second signiture image was too large, in file size and combined pixel width with the first image>

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

I think you should just make the cards look like the first panel of the folding style cards. remove the skill descriptions and just include a seperate skill reference book. Some of the skills have little differences that can be noted by the skill on the card. Because it uses ALOT more paper to print a bunch of folding cards.

For example the Freeze skill:
    On Zol Gibbon it would be "> Freeze 6+" indicating that you need to roll a 6 or higher.
    On Del Depth it would be "> Freeze 3+" indicating that you need to roll a 3 or higher.

And the Ally Bonus skill:
    On Del Rappy it would be "> Full Ally Bonus +2" indicating that you get an additional 2 AP on top of the AP Bonus that is equal to all of the items on your team.
    On Ul Gibbon it would be "> 1/2 Ally Bonus" indicating that the AP bonus is equal to half of the items on your team.

And the Leader skill:
    On Barbarous Wolf it would be "> Savage Wolf Leader" indicating that the Leader buff applies to the Savage Wolves.
    Last edited by zandra117; Oct 26, 2011 at 04:36 AM.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

*nods* Yes I'd thought of that myself. I'm actually working on a full skill listing document and then I'm going to start reworking the cards using just the first part of the folding card. This will likely take me a while between university classes and my job but I'll keep everyone posted on what's going on.

<Second signiture image was too large, in file size and combined pixel width with the first image>

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Has anyone else used Dueling Network?
    Could someone make something like that for PSO3 with the cards that LynxSarnage has already made with the skill descriptions on the card?
    I can't do it because I have no programming skill.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

Ok everyone, big update time. Its taken me a little longer than I had planned but I've finally finished version 3 of my cards and managed to piece together my skill book. Do bare in mind both are still trail versions so if you notice any errors or contradictions please let me know so I can fix them. I've vetted the cards and book myself but its hard to double check your own work.

http://www.mediafire.com/?c2nbjm4nzbl2q3k

That file contains all 600+ cards and a pdf version of the skills book...so yeah, its a pretty sizeable file. But yes, please take a look if you have time. I'm picking up the work I did on the rest of the stuff I need to do now including the following, if you can think of anything else that could be relevant let me know.

Rules Book
    Battle Maps
    Counters
    Trap Explanation Cards

Well after a bit of a wait I can bring you the next update to the game. The download below contains both the current versions of the Rules and Card Skill books. I will be adding to this file as I work on future aspects of the game until everything will come under one file for ease of download.

PSO3 TCBG Pack v1.1

My next task is to form all the cards into a user friendly format so they can be printed easily. Then I have to do the same thing for the battlemaps I've been working on. After that its simply a case of checking over everything and making sure its all covered. Hopefully things will continue to go well and as ever your feedback is most appreciated, good and bad.

GTFO MAI ENTERNET BITCH! akiraomega's Avatar
    Waiting for Sega of America to come out of their office so I can beat them down.

Quote Originally Posted by LynxSarnage View Post
    Well after a bit of a wait I can bring you the next update to the game. The download below contains both the current versions of the Rules and Card Skill books. I will be adding to this file as I work on future aspects of the game until everything will come under one file for ease of download.

PSO3 TCBG Pack v1.1

My next task is to form all the cards into a user friendly format so they can be printed easily. Then I have to do the same thing for the battlemaps I've been working on. After that its simply a case of checking over everything and making sure its all covered. Hopefully things will continue to go well and as ever your feedback is most appreciated, good and bad.
    I've been waiting for this for a long time. Thanks mate.

Ok, new version of the game. This pack includes all the cards, with the exception of the unreleased cards that will be released later, in printable format.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1a8wbf61wuxxf81