Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Will all classes be getting at least a little magic?

I've not actually really played PSO, but as I understand it, everyone got some techs of some kind, though forces got the most powerful ones.

Will it be the same in PSO2?

It's difficult to say, since in PSO CASTs alone could not use magic. However, now that there are FOcasts, that means that they CAN use magic. So it's up to SEGA to decide if everyone who isn't a force gets magic this time around or not.
    Gamertag: inf3rn0 Lan
    Lan Katana│Male│Newman│Lv150│fT 20
    Malsa Powers│Female│Newman│Lv150│AT 20
    PSO2β: マルサ・パワーズ|Force lv17

On the bright side, so far PSU has been the only PSO sequel where specific class choices have no access to magic.

Heres hoping for buff and nerf techs for Rangers.

Edit: forgot the word techs lol
    Last edited by cyanprime; Aug 20, 2011 at 04:26 PM.

Of course they do no good if people don't bother to use them. I've been in plenty a party with no fo and people conveniently forgetting they have that shit.
    Zeota - Ship 2 (JP)
    http://twitch.tv/zeomantic

I think this might be part of the subclass system. Just an assumption though.

I'm hoping that I can sacrifice all tech use for being a 'beefier' hunter through subclass and skill trees.

Subclass was removed from the skill trees in the Alpha though.

People say its possible but i have yet to see unarmed / cross-class technique casting.

The moment i see a Humar throw a fireball though....ho boy

honestly, I think HUcasts and RAcasts would have such low MST that outside of buffs, techs would be useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephei Mordred View Post
    I've not actually really played PSO, but as I understand it, everyone got some techs of some kind, though forces got the most powerful ones.

Will it be the same in PSO2?
    Right - in PSO, anyone who wasn't an Android could use techniques. The designated "hybrid" characters within the Hunter and Ranger classes (HUnewearl and RAmarl) could learn techniques up to level 20, HUmars and RAmars could learn them up to 15 (with the former being unable to learn buffs, and the latter unable to learn debuffs), and Forces could learn all techniques up to level 30, with Reverser (in PSO, this was a revival spell), Grants and Megid being Force-exclusive.

There was also some discrepancies with Anti (which removes status effects based on its level, but only has seven levels), and different Force characters had boosts in either potency or range to various different techniques.

However, in PSO, the ability to use techniques is the primary benefit to playing a character that isn't an Android. Without the ability to cast techniques, this benefit is lost and the character is left with an entire stat (that Androids lack - MST) that is completely useless to them, removing the point, entirely, of playing a character like that in the first place.

If they're smart, they'll do something similar - where anyone eligible to cast techniques can do so, regardless of their equipment, just Forces are better at it, as well as being able to equip rods to charge techniques.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."