Thread: Gears Of War 3

Default Gears Of War 3

The Official Gears of War Thread has finally arrived. I would first like to say I know a handful of people don't care much for shooters on this site, so please stay away from coming in here and saying this game sucks or whatever.

For me, this is definitely one of my most anticipated games ever. A nice single player campaign that should sum up all 3 games. Fantastic Multiplayer that will surely grab you back for years to come. Horde Mode which looks 10x better than the original. And Beast mode, hey you get to play as a ticker.....nuff said. Basically it's a complete package.

I am counting the days :P
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***

Ah the bliss of the blood... To bad imma have to wait for this. Oh well.

Already have it pre-ordered. The Gears 3 Beta was so much fun. Honestly, I was pretty sad when they closed it down after the 3 or 4 weeks it was up. The game was so close to flawless (only problem I felt needed addressing was how stupidly overpowered the Retro Lancer was; that needs a serious nerf), I couldn't stop playing it.

I keep counting the days until it's released, since I've been really looking for a new competitive multiplayer game to get my hands on. And, since pretty much all of my friends are getting Gears 3, it should be a blast. I can't wait.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

I'm definitely going to poopsock this campaign. Contrary to most people, I actually play Gears for the story mode (Halo too). My best friend finished a tour in Afghanistan just in time to be stateside for some co-op as well.

I definitely take a large interest in the story, as well. Especially since this is the dramatic conclusion. I have a lot of questions from Gears 2 (and even 1) that still need answers.

I'll have to check with one of my buddies to see if he's going to pick up GoW3, since he's the guy who I played through GoW2 with.

I think the campaign is usually pretty fun, but then again I guess I'm also a bit of an odd one in that I also play Halo for the campaign.

(Actually, the only competitive Gears of War multiplayer I've ever played was one round of GoW3 Beta at PAX East this past March. It was fun.)

I was angry when gears of war was divided in half with cover-levels added in to make a Gears of War I and a Gears of War II....and having the public buy two halves of a game.

This made me not care about GoW 3. ^_^
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    I was angry when gears of war was divided in half with cover-levels added in to make a Gears of War I and a Gears of War II....and having the public buy two halves of a game.
    I literally have no idea what you just said. Gears 1 and Gears 2 were "two halves of the same game?" Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG OLAF View Post
    I literally have no idea what you just said. Gears 1 and Gears 2 were "two halves of the same game?" Nope.
    They must be talking about the PC exclusive Brumak chapter I guess. But that was just a 15 minute add-on.....nothin special really.
    Forget Backspacing, Delete that S***