Default I'm Really Curious About This.

Sometimes during a chain, I'm able to get sometimes a 6 or more chain combo in one attack. It happens on the last attack with the multiple hits of the item Twin Brand (and possibly other multiple hit weapons). Any reason why it happens?
    Two In Harmony Surpasses One In Perfection...

Chain seem to happen when attacks are in sync if I have understood it right. Someone will come a long soon and correct me if If got it wrong.

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

I thought chains happened when more than one person consecutively lands full combos on a single enemy within a certain period of time and that each successive full combo increments the chain counter by one. However, I can attest that when just Zeek and I were playing, the chain counter suddenly jumped to six out of nowhere while we were attacking. So...I dunno. Maybe my impression of how chains work was wrong to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse5632 View Post
    I thought chains happened when more than one person consecutively lands full combos on a single enemy within a certain period of time and that each successive full combo increments the chain counter by one. However, I can attest that when just Zeek and I were playing, the chain counter suddenly jumped to six out of nowhere while we were attacking. So...I dunno. Maybe my impression of how chains work was wrong to begin with.
    Glad someone is here to back up my post lol

From: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176095

It's a worth a read through because this particular player did find plenty of useful things in this game. Credit goes to ARChan.

Alternating Chain Hits
    Requirements: Double Saber, Mechgun, Dagger, Slicer, or Claw

there are some fun things that you could take notice of. One of those is that a combo chain number can increase to a 5 chain in one melee combo when you mimic the attack scheme of another person. Try this out with Reve and have a double saber out. If you mimic him just right, you should notice the chain number go up rapidly and immediately to 5.

To summarize what I've said, if you alternate the hits of the third part of the standard combo, you should notice the combo number increasing. If you end up hitting the target one after another, the number won't increase as long as no one chooses to hit the enemy with their own hits of the third part of the combo. Weapons with this funny capability are: Double Saber, Dagger, Claw, Mechgun, and Slicer.

How slicer? It's kind of a glitch on the weapon attack scheme. As the slicer is flying through the air, you can still melee attack an enemy beside you or practically inside you. Yes, this means you can't punch at an enemy when they're in front of you. You'll just have to flap your arms at them and hope it connects. Trust me, this is a glitch you're better off not mastering because it's just... well... weird.

Hm, interesting. I couldn't really follow all of the things that person talks about in their guide, but the Alternating Chain Hits would seem to be the same phenomenon we encountered. Both of us were in fact using Double Sabers at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by AtBHR View Post
    From: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176095

It's a worth a read through because this particular player did find plenty of useful things in this game. Credit goes to ARChan.

Alternating Chain Hits
    Requirements: Double Saber, Mechgun, Dagger, Slicer, or Claw

there are some fun things that you could take notice of. One of those is that a combo chain number can increase to a 5 chain in one melee combo when you mimic the attack scheme of another person. Try this out with Reve and have a double saber out. If you mimic him just right, you should notice the chain number go up rapidly and immediately to 5.

To summarize what I've said, if you alternate the hits of the third part of the standard combo, you should notice the combo number increasing. If you end up hitting the target one after another, the number won't increase as long as no one chooses to hit the enemy with their own hits of the third part of the combo. Weapons with this funny capability are: Double Saber, Dagger, Claw, Mechgun, and Slicer.

How slicer? It's kind of a glitch on the weapon attack scheme. As the slicer is flying through the air, you can still melee attack an enemy beside you or practically inside you. Yes, this means you can't punch at an enemy when they're in front of you. You'll just have to flap your arms at them and hope it connects. Trust me, this is a glitch you're better off not mastering because it's just... well... weird.
    Thanks very much for this bit of info and the. Maybe I can learn a thing or two for my crappy RAmar lol. So I guess there really isn't a point to this thread anymore.