Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Some worries I have about Pso2.

I am kinda worried about the US release of pso2, especally how we tend to destroy our own versions of games.

1. Will Sega actually be smart this time and have proper security for accounts and stuff? I remember the psu massive account hackings and such that went on that ultimatly killed the US pc/ps2 version dead (GG asshats who did this and shut down the game, I hope your happy).

2. Class Balance, so far sega has pretty much failed miserably at balancing classes properly, in PSO, forces and hunters were kinda worthless and it was all about the rangers, in PSU rangers and forces sucked, and melee owned. I am worried if they are going to finally balance the classes properly this time around. Even in the portable psu/o games, there was still massive class balance issues, with techers usually still getting the shaft.

3. I wonder how easly it will be to make a private server of pso2, for the US version when invariably the US versions population will hack the game to the point they shut it down.

4. Any idea if its gonna be f2p or subscription? I think overall it'd prob be best if it was f2p, due to the fact they tend to make more money in the long run and if their security is good against hacking and such, the game can have a long life.

5. FOCast.. ermm.. ok thats all I can say on that heh.

6. The SYnth system.. I hope the game has drops like PSO did, but you can still synth stuff if you wish. I hated the synth system in psu because it was no fun getting a rare that was a synth board only for it to fail like every single time. The synth system IMO is partly what killed psu. It just was no fun having to craft stuff all the time with the huge fail rates they had, and if it was a melee weapon well, even if it worked most of the time the elemental percent was so low that the weapon was weaker than a high ele % B/A-rank weapon.

7. Will they be bringing back the lolibots? I used to love taking my PM into combat, or rather will they have the single player team system where you invite npc's to join you??
    Last edited by Scyris; Nov 3, 2011 at 09:06 AM.

I'll answer a few of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Scyris View Post
    1. Will Sega actually be smart this time and have proper security for accounts and stuff? I remember the psu massive account hackings and such that went on that ultimatly killed the US pc/ps2 version dead (GG asshats who did this and shut down the game, I hope your happy).
    I'm fairly certain that they will be using Gameguard.

2. Class Balance, so far sega has pretty much failed miserably at balancing classes properly, in PSO, forces and hunters were kinda worthless and it was all about the rangers, in PSU rangers and forces sucked, and melee owned. I am worried if they are going to finally balance the classes properly this time around. Even in the portable psu/o games, there was still massive class balance issues, with techers usually still getting the shaft.
    Honestly, at the moment, all of the classes look very strong.

4. Any idea if its gonna be f2p or subscription? I think overall it'd prob be best if it was f2p, due to the fact they tend to make more money in the long run and if their security is good against hacking and such, the game can have a long life.
    I think we are all expecting P2P with the first month free. On the contraty, we are all WISHING it to be F2P. Could be very possible since that's just the trend these days.

5. FOCast.. ermm.. ok thats all I can say on that heh.
    FOcast looks so sick. In fact, I plan on playing FOcast/caseal. Spells into gunshots into melee combos into more spells sounds like a blast.

6. The SYnth system.. I hope the game has drops like PSO did, but you can still synth stuff if you wish. I hated the synth system in psu because it was no fun getting a rare that was a synth board only for it to fail like every single time. The synth system IMO is partly what killed psu. It just was no fun having to craft stuff all the time with the huge fail rates they had, and if it was a melee weapon well, even if it worked most of the time the elemental percent was so low that the weapon was weaker than a high ele % B/A-rank weapon.
    The drop system has returned. Check it out.

7. Will they be bringing back the lolibots? I used to love taking my PM into combat, or rather will they have the single player team system where you invite npc's to join you??
    Nothing has been confirmed/unconfirmed, but NPCs in your party has been a reoccurring element in the online series.
    I stream PSO2! Please check out my channel when you have time~

twitch.tv/gmcustom

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur View Post
    I think we are all expecting P2P with the first month free. On the contraty, we are all WISHING it to be F2P. Could be very possible since that's just the trend these days.
    Disregarding your incorrect use of the phrase "on the contrary", who is "we" when you say we're all wishing it to be F2P? I certainly don't wish that.

I am kinda worried about the US release of pso2, especally how we tend to destroy our own versions of games.

This has an easy solution. Make it experience based. For example, the more synths you make you gain a level in that. To the point that you can master synthing. This way by the time you do find your "rare" synth board you wont have such a high fail rate (or it be completely random like it seemed to be on psu). Thus adding another element to the game, much like how we had Mag farmers back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Scejntjynahl View Post
    This has an easy solution. Make it experience based. For example, the more synths you make you gain a level in that. To the point that you can master synthing. This way by the time you do find your "rare" synth board you wont have such a high fail rate (or it be completely random like it seemed to be on psu). Thus adding another element to the game, much like how we had Mag farmers back in the day.
    Or we could just go Monster Hunter on it and have no failure rates. Any failure rate is going to add frustration, and what you propose would take even LONGER than PSU did to get your failure rate down.

The OP is borderline trolling here. At the very least, he demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of computer security, about balance in PSO (FOs were godly all around in lower difficulties and still a godsend for heals/support in ult, HUs were far from useless, especially HUcasts) and PSU (Again, FO support. Also, balance shifted due to new techs at a couple points, release Dambarta was superior to any hunter for most mobs).

Continuing along... item 3 is pointless, he's begging SEGA to make it easy to do private servers, thus reducing the game's security, thus leading to circumstances encouraging the use of private servers... it's ill-thought out and utterly inane.

Item four is silly. No reasoning is presented, he's taking his personal opinion as fact... it's stupid.

Five? Practically flamebait. Multiple people rolled FOcast in PSU just because they could.

Six... see my first paragraph. It's a stupid idea, he's begging SEGA to replace a flawed system with another system that doesn't address the core issue and adds significant grinding to the game.

Seven: I don't even get the point of this. PMs and NPCs were functionally identical in combat in PSU - meatshields, some of which could cast a decent Resta, making them the only ones that mattered!
    Coming Soon!

Last I checked gameguard is pretty much useless vs anything in terms of hacks, its not hard to code a hack to bypass gameguard entirely, most actually do this. Hell half the games that use gameguard or more than half, you can even use cheat engine to make yer own hacks and gameguard does nothing to stop it. Problem with GG is it has to be specifically coded to stop that hack, insted it should lock the memory so that nothing can interfear with it, kinda like x-trap does.

Quote Originally Posted by Randomness View Post
    Or we could just go Monster Hunter on it and have no failure rates. Any failure rate is going to add frustration, and what you propose would take even LONGER than PSU did to get your failure rate down.

The OP is borderline trolling here. At the very least, he demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of computer security, about balance in PSO (FOs were godly all around in lower difficulties and still a godsend for heals/support in ult, HUs were far from useless, especially HUcasts) and PSU (Again, FO support. Also, balance shifted due to new techs at a couple points, release Dambarta was superior to any hunter for most mobs).

Continuing along... item 3 is pointless, he's begging SEGA to make it easy to do private servers, thus reducing the game's security, thus leading to circumstances encouraging the use of private servers... it's ill-thought out and utterly inane.

Item four is silly. No reasoning is presented, he's taking his personal opinion as fact... it's stupid.

Five? Practically flamebait. Multiple people rolled FOcast in PSU just because they could.

Six... see my first paragraph. It's a stupid idea, he's begging SEGA to replace a flawed system with another system that doesn't address the core issue and adds significant grinding to the game.

Seven: I don't even get the point of this. PMs and NPCs were functionally identical in combat in PSU - meatshields, some of which could cast a decent Resta, making them the only ones that mattered!
    Umm what else did PSO have besides grinding for items and exp? Nothing I can see and I currently play Pso-bb myself. PSU was bascally the same thing, just add in the frustration of synth boards that like to fail even when u have 98% chance, or as people said in psu, assume all synth chances are 50/50 unless it says 100%. FOcast could work lore wise if you wanted to assume there is a human brain inside the cast somewhere like in ghost in the shell. Makoto is 98% robot, just her brain is in a steel container in her head. All the rest of her was mechanical.

What I meant by what i said was based on the pso lore (Not psu) Casts cannot use techs. because they have no organic elements, and that was supposed to be a part of it somehow.. Unless I got this wrong but thats how I always understood it.

About part 4, look at ddo, it was a near dead subscribtion titles, they go f2p and now they making more profit than when it was subscription based. It also has a much larger community, than it ever used to.
    Last edited by Mike; Nov 4, 2011 at 07:00 AM. Reason: Merge

A complete lack of understanding, sure, but I'd hardly say he's trolling. He has what, 11 posts? He just expressed his opinion, which you explained has logical flaws. No need to get upset.

@Scyris: Need I remind you that PSO2 is intended to be the successor to Phantasy Star Online.
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

!
    We could do that. Just make some the items/materials be rare. I do like the Monster Hunter approach actually. I remember the countless hours grinding for a single Elder Blood to drop/carve.

As to the time frame been too long? Come on, if you are truly from PSO taking a LONG time to even find a worthwhile rare was the norm. In some cases, some of us NEVER found some rares legitimately. I was only suggesting if we did adopt the synth process making it experienced based would give us something else to do instead of iddling and merely chatting.

Princess of the Eternal Flowers Masterflower's Avatar

This is true. This is why I want Infinity's Support Character A.I. They are sooo damn awesome that it's not even funny.
    Just another same old day.