Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Translation WIP

So you're THE Coldbird who made that brilliant PRO CFW hmm? Its a pleasure. I know you're a man of results, so I have utmost confidence that you can pull this off with some help. Good luck.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Yes, I'm the one and only.
    However I'm just a person like any other.

As I've been watching this community for a while in the shadows, mostly for item-drop information and other PS-related topics, I decided that my work on this translation might be a good time to register and integrate myself in this community.

@DeviFoxx: I added you to my MSN account. I think you should have got a authorization request of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbird View Post
    How about this then?
    Interest?

https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/1301...PSP2i?h=cbd52d

This is the most we will get now that Sega dumped us with JP release only...
    Someone willing to help me with my translation patch?
    Sir you do this and I will swollow my pride and buy ths game off play asia.
    Username: Blazingsonic
    PS0 Name: Sentai
    F/C: 4125-5095-5213
    F/C: 1892-2449-7676

Quote Originally Posted by Coldbird View Post
    @DeviFoxx: I added you to my MSN account. I think you should have got a authorization request of some kind.
    I haven't received any notification as of yet.

hmm interesting is this the same coldbird that did the patch for .hack fragment? Also would you need CFW for this patch?

Oh cool, I already can't wait for this, I'd love to play a fully translated Infinity.

Keep up the good work. Devvi's guide is what made me import the game in the first place, so having both of you collab on this project would be pretty awesome.
    Last edited by ZER0 DX; Oct 11, 2011 at 02:32 AM.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

You bad dudes are going to make me contemplate getting CFW now! xD
    PZ0 Friend Code : 3008-8179-4031

Coldbird! you're truly my hero. i have good faith in you!I've been your fan ever since god eater.

I remember the god eater days, i think somehow you made the english release possible through your efforts to make the game known in the US through your patches.

I recon you even made your own server for infrastructure play.That's how good he is!

PS: do you still work with Kenma the one who did the Radiant games english patch?

Yes, the same Coldbird as back in .hack Fragment, God Eater, etc. times.
    I've been around for quite a bit...

About the .hack Fragment translation / Online Server Reconstruction, I work on it from time to time still in private, the God Eater Online testserver is still up but I haven't updated the client module for it in some time.

My online infrastructure code I passed on to Codestation to give me some room to breath for other projects and reallife.

About Kenma... I haven't heard from him in a while.

And yes, CFW will be a requirement for this patch to work, it's simply not possible technically without it...
    Even if we were to use fakesigned modules on OFW, PSP2 Infinity is a static elf executable game, which means it requires a kernel reboot to load into memory...
    If we were to use fakesigned user-code to boot it on OFW, the kernel reboot would automatically unload our translation changes...
    Thus, not possible without kernel mode executables.

@DeviFoxx: I created a new MSN account and added you there, hope you got the authorization request this time.
    Last edited by Coldbird; Oct 11, 2011 at 07:12 AM.

Nice effort.
    I can read Japanese so I don't need a translation, but some friends were put off by playing a game in an unknown language and didn't get it.

A properly translated game might make them reconsider this, so I'm fully supporting this.
    ”うーぅす, おはよー!
    あたしはミカ!
    今日も一日がんばっていこーね!"