Angry Sega pulling PSO2 Youtube videos

Take a lookie at this:
    http://i.imgur.com/o2WqD.png

What do?

I don't think this is a SEGA-only thing. But I would believe that their game status and (in country) agreement policies forbid those with access to the Alpha, to post and share video content with the world. They probably aren't allowed to talk much about features or email them unless they are to SEGA to inform them about your thoughts on the content and bugs you encountered, etc.

So yes. A company, specifically going through Alpha Tests and Beta Tests have every right to enforce terms "for which they communicated to all who were officially brought onto the program". Likely, it may have been a legit Alpha player that reported it since they are also "asked" to report unauthorized leaks.

I've gotten similar requests from the company themselves, in specific beta or test software, etc. So don't start throwing the word nazi around as freely as Fox news does. This is a perfect and understandable execution of policy enforcement. Now if the game was already out, or placed in such a case where it is publically available material, SEGA would probably be all for the free publicy and not bother tracking down these videos, like most companies do. I experienced that, because Capcom even saw one of my videos which contained video coverage they made and already made available for viewing to the public; loved the free publicity, and even linked that video to further their promotion.

Also, Youtube is cracking down a lot more lately on company requests regarding material, and it'll only get further enforced and limiting in the future. Why composers, like myself, are starting to see more requests from teams ready to do internet shows and don't want to get snagged for using other licensed materials.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Oct 14, 2011 at 10:38 AM.

NDAs are legally enforceable contracts, and they exist for good reason.
    Coming Soon!

Its a warning...?

Don't do it again.