Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Deband takes a whole 2 seconds to charge and cast. Resta takes even less. My friends know I'm going to heal them if they somehow end up at low HP (50%-). My friends love it when I play babysitter. If you've seen Eclipse's HUcast overview, I've even been complimented for it... no one likes having less than 99% HP, which I usually patch up when everything dies. Huge waste of fluids, I know, but I can afford it.

Mystelle - Level 100 FOmarl
    ~Art by Daggart~

It doesn't matter how you play.

It's how the playerbase in general expects Forces to babysit them. Frankly it's stupid.
    Phantasy Star Ø: Classic HUmarl (100) / Wand/Rod HUcaseal (8x) / Classic RAcaseal (100)

Right... well, speaking from my experiences as a RAcast: When I hit low HP, I just finish the room then heal. I don't expect the Force to heal me, but it's a very nice thing to do, which is why I do it.

If I ever met a player who outright demanded that I heal him/her, I would probably let them die. Thankfully, I have not met a single unkind or selfish player yet. On Freeplay, I give good ratings to those who say "Thank You!" whenever I 'babysit' them.

I think the word babysit ITT should be replaced with the word 'Support.' Supporting also benefits the supporter as it allows the Hunters and Rangers to perform much better. Hell, I expect the playerbase to accept my support

~Art by Daggart~

Properly supporting is different from babysitting.

Proper supporting means doing something that will increase the efficiency of the run. Alshifta 15 is one example. Healing someone who can heal themselves is not. Everytime a Force is charging Alresta is a time they're not killing hostiles.

Keeping up Deband and Zalure is babysitting. Keeping up Jellen is babysitting for most enemies. Every second spent charging Deband and the 2 debuffs is time taken away from a Force charging a PA, spamming Techs.

The same goes for inbattle Healing.

The reason is that Forces in this game can easily output a huge amount of damage, while the sources of damage in this game are easily taken care off using Items.

I've partied with Forces who spend all day buffing, debuffing, keeping the party healed, etc compared to a Force who just casts Alshifta and rarely used Jellen, Zalure and Deband were never even seen, provided healing inbetween battles, never inbattle, runs went a lot faster with the second Force because he was killing stuff instead of wasting time keeping people, who could do it themselves, alive

That's the difference between babysitting and supporting.
    Last edited by PlinderD; Jan 2, 2012 at 12:24 AM.
    Phantasy Star Ø: Classic HUmarl (100) / Wand/Rod HUcaseal (8x) / Classic RAcaseal (100)

Back to business. I've added Ken's ultimate RAcast build just to put this thread back on the rail.

~Art by Daggart~

@Ken: That is the most glorious character I have ever seen!

Norco   Prins Erik    RA-421

...Why do I feel like that character is inspired by some annoying Freeplayer? I can actually imagine someone going on Freeplay with that setup and being serious about it too.

That setup gives me an idea for a Revival! A Joke-Build Revival! Bring your characters and have them play against type!

Have a Hunter using Force weapons and trying to tech-spam!

Have a Force using Hunter weapons and trying to be a tank!

Have a Ranger...

...well, just have a Ranger.
    F.C. #1 - 0346-1712-9688
    F.C. #2 - 3953-9438-3932

Time Zone - U.S. Central

Trade List - http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175354

That wouldn't surprise me. I think it would be a fun experience to play a round of PSZ where the guy you're playing with is against you instead of cooperating with you. He'd probably have to be a master of dodging though, and a Force can shut down S/D from Chaos.

@Nick: That would get really annoying really fast, no offense. Maybe we could have a troll revival?

~Art by Daggart~

Why do I feel like I have indirectly started an interesting and yet hilarious discussion over a FLAWLESS character build?

I call it the evil CAST. MWEEHEEHEEHEEHEE!!!
    Last edited by Ken & Robo; Jan 2, 2012 at 04:08 PM.