View Poll Results: How do you prefer the translation?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stick with original japanese text

30 31.25%
  • Stick with official USA translation

26 27.08%
  • Any of the both is fine by me...

33 34.38%
  • Make it so we can edit the files ourselves?

7 7.29%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I don't care if its Japanese or English. i understand the game enough where i can just go and play without worrying about mistakes xD however id like to know the story .__.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreek View Post
    Such terms are part of the original canon are they not?

Anyway, voted for any of both. While consistencies have already been shot, I think the majority sees fit to have this game to be as close as possible to what the original is supposed to be. My only quip with translations was the result of Crouch being Kraz for this translation, since I'm a firm believer for consistency. But I'm sure a lot of us would like such inconsistent terms such as MySynth, Weave, Synths, Tumikiri-Hyouri, and that dreaded poor choice of calling Reverser: (Giresta), gone.
    actually its not called reverser in PSP jp but regene

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

Such terms are part of the original canon are they not?

Anyway, voted for any of both. While consistencies have already been shot, I think the majority sees fit to have this game to be as close as possible to what the original is supposed to be. My only quip with translations was the result of Crouch being Kraz for this translation, since I'm a firm believer for consistency. But I'm sure a lot of us would like such inconsistent terms such as MySynth, Weave, Synths, Tumikiri-Hyouri, and that dreaded poor choice of calling Reverser: (Giresta), gone.
    This is pretty much exactly how I feel about it.

Names are fine. Stupid inconsistencies with PSU/PSP1 need to be fixed for damn sure though, since those games stayed mostly accurate to JP while PSP2 pretty much threw all of it out the window and renamed everything for some reason.
    PSO2 - Ian: Level 90/90 Human Bouncer/Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Alisha View Post
    actually its not called reverser in PSP jp but regene
    I'm aware of the original name. And in Giresta in the JP version is still Giresta. A technic that causes hp regen and revival. A certain technic that was confirmed GONE from PSP2. That's the point I'm making here. Its not in this game, so why would you blatantly take Reverser, which was well known in the series enough, and call it Giresta?

What was the result when this happened? Confusion.
    Last edited by Tyreek; Oct 23, 2011 at 05:36 AM.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

Any of the both is fine by me...
    this is for me

I'm aware of the original name. And in Giresta in the JP version is still Giresta. A technic that causes hp regen and revival. A certain technic that was confirmed GONE from PSP2. That's the point I'm making here. Its not in this game, so why would you blatantly take Reverser, which was well known in the series enough, and call it Giresta?

What was the result when this happened? Confusion.
    by that logic it would make more sense to call it anti

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

True enough, but Anti was never in PSU, instead they made it inherent to Reverser. True, when I first played PSU, I was absolutely confused as to why Reverser wouldn't revive anybody. But then I found they gave that ability to a new technic. Giresta in PSP2 on the other hand was absolutely unnecessary, since when they were in production from making the game, they said it was one of many techs removed from the game.

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there an ability available to Type LV 50 Force that causes Reverser to revive upon cast? That right there would be an absolute PSO throwback, as that is what it originally did.
    Last edited by Tyreek; Oct 23, 2011 at 07:35 AM.
    Remembering the Universe. Click below!

I vote for the original Japanese text- This is mainly since I've played it in Japanese (because I know Japanese), but would also like to play it in English as well (I don't have item names down. D

That being said, I would definitely support being able to edit the translation for my own use, as there is no reason for all of it to be in English for me. Since I do read along, I would find hearing the Japanese voice and reading the English text to be very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by CocoaTan View Post
    I would find hearing the Japanese voice and reading the English text to be very confusing.
    This is actually what I'm looking forward to most. Being able to enjoy the story anime-sub style Although I only understand a little bit of japanese so far. So it's actually helpful for me to be able to match the words I'm hearing to the words I'm reading.

I voted for the original japanese. Though I honestly couldn't care less as long as you guys finish it! Please don't let this difference of opinion stop you from finishing the patch. A lot of us are waiting with baited breath now. We're counting on you b

Quote Originally Posted by Muketsu View Post
    This is actually what I'm looking forward to most. Being able to enjoy the story anime-sub style Although I only understand a little bit of japanese so far. So it's actually helpful for me to be able to match the words I'm hearing to the words I'm reading.

I voted for the original japanese. Though I honestly couldn't care less as long as you guys finish it! Please don't let this difference of opinion stop you from finishing the patch. A lot of us are waiting with baited breath now. We're counting on you b
    Agree!!