View Poll Results: How do you prefer the translation?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stick with original japanese text

30 31.25%
  • Stick with official USA translation

26 27.08%
  • Any of the both is fine by me...

33 34.38%
  • Make it so we can edit the files ourselves?

7 7.29%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Master Sword Fighter Desecration's Avatar

I voted for the US translations because I like the consistency, but when it comes down to it, I don't really care, I just want to be able to view my weapons in English, that would make finding them in the bank so much easier. Keep up the great work guys, I'm really looking forward to this patch.

either is good with me, honestly though, whatever the people doing this translation prefer, whether they like it better or its just easier on them.
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

hey Im a Huge kenka bancho fan and im glad I finaly found someone that can translate the game for some strange reason the kenka bancho series doesnt get enough attention but i just wanted to say thank you for making a translation for this game

Vanguard is all I care to be translated right.
    I mean - the naming scheme!
    HuMar
    FoMar
    RaMar
    ...BrMar? VaMar sounds better.

Two letters, vowel second, can be used as a syllable, sounds AWESOMER.

I r i s - 13X -VaDewearl (3X)

Quote Originally Posted by Nidramag View Post
    Vanguard is all I care to be translated right.
    I mean - the naming scheme!
    HuMar
    FoMar
    RaMar
    ...BrMar? VaMar sounds better.

Two letters, vowel second, can be used as a syllable, sounds AWESOMER.
    Vamar sounds much better to me as well. Hmm what would you call a beast or duman combo? Yes I know dumans and beasts might not be in pso2 and dumans most likely wouldnt be. But i wonder what it woud sound like if they were.
    Last edited by Miki~; Dec 29, 2011 at 08:55 PM.

I maybe late,but I would be happy even with both.Its a good idea to learn other cultures and try to get a good view of both sides.I even ordered psp2i from Japan after playing the demo and I liked what I saw.I have no problem with learning other cultures.

I think only the "essential" things should be in English, the rest can be in Japanese. An example of this would be MHP3rd patch.
    Grinding Magashi Plan in Infinity...

Ok let's be thoughtful, not everyone here can read japanese kanji but are huge PSO/PSI fans and not some otaku that have invested time into learning japanese. The original. Jp texts are very strange to most players who do not fi.de japanese.ear names all that cool. Crouch? Would you name your son that or want a friend who's name is o e letter away from spelling "crotch"? NA spelled translated the game to sound appealing to the general public. I suggest you take the same route.

Quote Originally Posted by Botosai View Post
    Ok let's be thoughtful, not everyone here can read japanese kanji but are huge PSO/PSI fans and not some otaku that have invested time into learning japanese. The original. Jp texts are very strange to most players who do not fi.de japanese.ear names all that cool. Crouch? Would you name your son that or want a friend who's name is o e letter away from spelling "crotch"? NA spelled translated the game to sound appealing to the general public. I suggest you take the same route.
    I currently use a Japanese alphabet that I saw on the net and a buddy of mine who's in the Navy to help me out with some of the translations because hes stationed in Japan,told him about the game and he even said and I quote.."Japanese are very smart,they spend over 13 hours a day up to 6 days a week in school".I don't find anything strange about Japanese text,one symbol can make up to a full word or sentence in some cases.If there was an option to change the language in the game to JP>NA or NA>JP that would be pretty cool to be honest,but I won't force this on anyone who makes the games,I'll be ordering my games from Japan now,some NA games are alright,but I would like to try there games since this is going on.