Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

If they continue their Phantasy Star series with the drip-feed content, as long as the servers are separated (and they probably will be, a lot of Japanese players have been whining and crying about US players since PSO for Dreamcast) Every title will be treated just as badly as PSU has been.

If they don't start supporting global servers, this company deserves to go under, period. It could actually happen, as they're clearly not keeping up with other game companies and developers and constantly cutting jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodios View Post
    I'm going to ask a legitimate question. Why do the Japanese keep their servers superior to U.S. servers? I always try to think of an answer, but i cant come to a conclusion. I want to know if there's some fiscal reason for doing this. to me, it seems as if it would be financially devastating to keep U.S. servers inferior and outdated. SEGA is a multi-million dollar corporation and must have some logical reason for doing this.
    its quite simple, they hate us...

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Not to mention back on Gamecube, if you were American and reported someone. (ex FSODing, handing out hacks, etc.) They won't get banned but if a Japanese person reports they will get banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

It's not just Phantasy Star a lot of Japanese games will never be released. I wonder why close the PS2/PC servers when it was still generating some money.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyPenguin View Post
    I dont get why fourm-goers "YES FOURM-GOERS*
    Keep making these threads even though they already know whats different and they get the SAME things everytime.
    The JP Servers have always been better than are's
    Trust me we WONT get the items...
    By the time we do PSO2 would almost be in America..
    why do people assume we will get PSO2 anyway? of course they haven't confirmed or denied it, but it is possible we may actually not get a localized PSO game. i've searched as many sites as i could on if we would get it but can't find anything...it is still in development, anything can be announced between now and 2012.

anyway, if we do get it, given the history of how the west has been treated with the PSO games, why would anyone continue to support Sega unless people plan on getting on the JP servers once it's out. but sadly the west has like the "battered wife syndrome"...we believe what Sega says about supporting the western servers with updates and getting all the things the JP servers get, then they don't keep their word, yet we continue to give them money knowing they will never change. we keep hoping and wishing they will treat us better but...they are consistent in treating us like shit...but we still love and support them even though we complain about how much they hate us.

to each their own, but i am shocked that people continue to support Xbox PSU with the service they give us. why stop giving poor service if we continue to support them? why should they give a damn about us if they know no matter what they do, we will love them no matter how much they "hate" us?
    i like to GO places, but CRAZY isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyPenguin View Post
    I dont get why fourm-goers "YES FOURM-GOERS*
    Keep making these threads even though they already know whats different and they get the SAME things everytime.
    The JP Servers have always been better than are's
    Trust me we WONT get the items...
    By the time we do PSO2 would almost be in America..
    i think you misinterpreted my question. but thanks for your... input.

i would like to switch to the Japanese servers, but id probably get lost in the process. besides, i don't know if i would figure everything out immediately. im just happy we don't have guardians cash to be honest; that's a game killer for me.

I guess there's no "actual" reason why.
    Last edited by Anon_Fire; Oct 23, 2011 at 06:00 PM.
    Nintendo Switch: 5668-1176-9106

There's a reason, Sega employees just aren't going to tell you.

People still pay for Xbox PSU because the game is fun and convenient, theres no other mmo like PSU on Xbox.